Hi Bold Bakers!
Some of the absolute best things are dead simple. Case in point this recipe for my rich and decadent 10-Minute Chocolate Pudding! When most people think of chocolate pudding they think of the gloopy store bought version full of fake flavorings, chemicals and preservatives. Well this Chocolate Pudding is 100% natural, made of just a few good quality ingredients you most likely have in your cupboard.
If you’re like me then you cannot say no to chocolate. While other chocolate desserts require a lot of time and effort this Chocolate Pudding could not be easier. Simply made of fluffy whipped cream and high-quality melted chocolate, this dessert is nothing short of magic. From the deep chocolate flavor to the amazing texture achieved by just folding warm chocolate into whipped cream, this dessert is so impressive yet it takes less than 10 minutes to make.
I love to serve this Chocolate pudding in individual ramekins or pretty fluted glasses. I top this off with a little extra dollop of whipped cream and shaved chocolate but the truth is it’s good enough to eat straight out of the pot!
My favorite thing about this dessert is how fast it can be whipped up and how well it keeps in the fridge. If you have friends or family coming over and want to make a really special dessert but want to put in minimal effort, this is the one. This can be made ahead in a large batch and kept in the fridge, meaning a velvety homemade Chocolate Pudding is just a spoonful away!
- 10oz (300g) bittersweet chocolate (72% cocoa solids)
- 1 ½ teaspoon cornstarch (cornflour)*
- 2 Cup (16oz / 480g) full fat Milk**
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, add the milk and chocolate.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and let the chocolate melt gently.
- While simmering, mix the cornstarch with 4 teaspoons of water together to form a runny paste.
- Whisk the cornstarch mix into the chocolate whisking constantly until the mix is thick and smooth.
- Simmer on very low for about 2-3 minutes until the cornstarch is cooked out. Turn off the heat.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Set aside to cool down. Serve with whipped cream on top.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.