This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
Some of the absolute best things are dead simple. Case in point this recipe for my rich and decadent 10-Minute Chocolate Pudding! When most people think of chocolate pudding they think of the gloopy store-bought version full of fake flavorings, chemicals, and preservatives. Well, this Chocolate Pudding is 100% natural, made of just a few good quality ingredients you most likely have in your cupboard.
How to make 10-Minute Chocolate Pudding
If you’re like me then you cannot say no to chocolate. While other chocolate desserts require a lot of time and effort this Chocolate Pudding could not be easier. Simply made with full-fat milk, a little cornstarch, and high-quality melted chocolate, this dessert is nothing short of magic. The deep chocolate flavor and the amazing texture achieved by just melting good quality chocolate in full-fat milk and thickening with a little cornstarch/cornflour this dessert is so impressive, yet it takes less than 10 minutes to make.
How to use cornstarch? What if I don’t have it?
Cornstarch is a really great thickening agent. The best way to use it is first to dissolve it in a little bit of water. By doing so, you prevent the cornstarch from getting lumpy and disrupting the texture of your pudding. If you don’t have cornstarch you can use agar agar instead which is a plant-based gelling agent. Follow the directions on the pack for agar-agar.
How to serve 10-Minute Chocolate Pudding
I love to serve this Chocolate pudding in individual ramekins or pretty fluted glasses. I top this off with a little extra dollop of whipped cream and shaved chocolate but the truth is it’s good enough to eat straight out of the pot!
How to store 10 Minute Chocolate Pudding
My favorite thing about this dessert is how fast it can be whipped up and how well it keeps in the fridge. If you have friends or family coming over and want to make a really special dessert but want to put in minimal effort, this is the one. This can be made ahead in a large batch and kept in the fridge, meaning a velvety homemade Chocolate Pudding is just a spoonful away! To save leftover pudding cover it with cling wrap and keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Chocolate Pudding Recipe
- 10 oz (300g) bittersweet chocolate (72% cocoa solids)
- 1 ½ teaspoon cornstarch (cornflour, this is the same thing).
- 2 Cup (16oz / 480g) full fat Milk (you can use low fat too)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, add the milk and chocolate.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and let the chocolate melt gently.
- While simmering, mix the cornstarch with 4 teaspoons of water together to form a runny paste.
- Whisk the cornstarch mix into the chocolate whisking constantly until the mix is thick and smooth.
- Simmer on very low for about 2-3 minutes until the cornstarch is cooked out. Turn off the heat.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Set aside to cool down. Serve with whipped cream on top.