This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
There are so many possibilities when it comes to what you can do with Puff Pastry. I asked my Bold Bakers what they thought I should do and they said Savory Pop-Tarts!!! I went with what I considered Big & Bold flavors and something that everyone would enjoy. Ham and Cheese are everyday ingredients that you hopefully have to hand so you can make these pronto.
Once you have your Puff Pastry to hand for this recipe you are halfway there with these Savory Pop-Tarts. Now, you can stick to my delicious recipes or come up with your own Big & Bold variations. Whatever you decide, just know you can keep on going until the pastry runs out. Be sure to share your favorite flavors here on my website or my social media.
Batch make and freeze these bad boys so you have a supply that you can go to when you get in from work or school. Just imagine coming home on a cold day and eating a freshly baked Pop-Tart. It doesn’t get much better than that.
Watch The Recipe Video!
- 2 cups (3 ½ oz/100g) cheddar cheese, grated
- 5 slices cooked Ham
- Puff Pastry
- Egg wash*
- Roll out the puff pastry on a floured surface until ¼ - ½ inch thick.
- With a pizza cutter or knife cut your pastry to 3inch x 4inch rectangles. You will need 2 for each Pop-Tart.
- On one piece of pastry, lay on some ham and sprinkle over grated cheese. Take care not to overfill or the filling will come out.
- Egg wash the edges of the pastry around the filling, lay on the top layer and seal the 2 pieces together with a fork. Egg wash the top of the Pop-Tart, this will give it a lovely golden color. Prick the top with a fork to release steam while baking.
- Bake at 400oF (200oC) for 20-23 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy warm from the oven.
- You can freeze the Pop-Tarts raw and then bake from frozen when needed.
- Egg wash: whisk up an egg yolk with 4 tablespoons of milk and brush over pastry