Hi Bold Bakers!
By popular demand, I’m sharing my recipe for a 5-Minute Microwave Cheesecake. Now, not to toot my own horn or anything, but I have been called the micro-baking maven! From over 100 Microwave Mug Recipes, to Microwave Snacks, and even a 3 Layer Microwave Cake, you know I take full advantage of my most accessible kitchen appliance, the microwave. After the success of my 3 tier cake in the microwave I thought I had done it all. Then I thought if I can make a cake in the microwave, why not try to make a Microwave Cheesecake? With that, this recipe for Microwave Cheesecake, was born!
Watch How to Make My Microwave Cheesecake Recipe!
The more you think about it, making a cheesecake in the microwave makes so much sense. as A cheesecake is is a cooked custard consisting of cream cheese, cream, sugar and egg. An oven bakes this slowly, and with dry heat, which is why most home made baked cheesecakes crack. Microwaves cook things by vibrating the fat, sugar and water molecules of the food, distributing the heat internally.
This method of cooking a cheesecake in the microwave works like a charm, gently cooking the ingredients, leaving a perfectly set, rich, cream cheese custard. Honestly, starting out I was not sure about this, but lo-and-behold, a Microwave Cheesecake, made in just 10 minutes, can you believe that?
For this microwave rendition I decided to go for a classic New York style cheesecake. In one bowl you simply mix cream cheese, sugar and cream like you would for a no-bake cheesecake. The addition of 2 eggs make this rich and creamy and perfect for cooking in the microwave.
This classic New York style cheesecake complete with graham cracker crust is the real deal only made in way less time and with so much more ease. If you’ve ever felt intimidated by making a baked cheesecake you have got to trust me on this one! You are going to love this Microwave Cheesecake!
The recipe is similar to my super popular No-Bake Cheesecakes which I’ve made in flavors like Fudge Brownie and Cookie Butter. Look out Cheesecake Factory, with my recipes anyone can make delicious cheesecakes at home.
- 1 3/4 cups (7 1/2 oz/210g) graham cracker crumbs
- 8 tablespoons (4oz/120g) butter, melted
- 1 cup (8oz/240g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (6oz/180g) sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (5floz/150ml) cream
- 2 eggs* , room temperature
- Microwave Safe Mold
- In a small bowl melt the butter in the microwave. Pour butter over graham cracker crumbs and mix until all the crumbs are coated and you've reached a sand like texture.
- To form the crust press the graham cracker and butter mixture into the bottom of a microwave safe cake mold. Refrigerate while making the filling.
- To make the filling whip the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with a hand mixer. Once light and fluffy add in the vanilla and the cream then mix to combine.
- Lastly, add the eggs one at a time allowing to fulling incorporate between each addition.
- Pour cheesecake filling over refrigerated crust. Tap on the counter to insure the top is even.
- Put in the microwave for and cook in 2 minute intervals. After 4 minutes my cheesecake had some bubbles on the stop and still a bit of a jiggle in the middle. (This cooking time is based on my microwave which is 1200WATTS so check your microwave wattage as your cook time may vary)
- Remove from the microwave and allow to cool fully before removing from the microwave safe tin. slice and enjoy!
- N.B. Egg substitutes for this type of recipe, which is really a custard, will be different to the norm. What will work for this is a thickening agent, such as cornflour/cornstarch. 1/4 cup/1oz/28g of cornstarch. Slake it (that is blend it until you can pour it) with a little cream or milk, then add it to the batter, mix it through, and bake. The egg in this recipe is to set it, and the cornflour/cornstarch will do that too.
To replace the egg try a flax egg.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
17 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.