Hi Bold Bakers!
When I think of dorm living and what students eat I think about the dried packs of $1 Ramen with “chicken seasoning” inside. Now, I too ate my fair share of noodles while in college simply because they are cheap, filling and easy. I’m going to side step the fact that I was in culinary school at the time and still chose to eat the store bought noodles. But that all led me to create this Microwave Mug Homemade Ramen recipe!
My Homemade Ramen is made with a handful of ingredients that are basics in most kitchens and staples in dorm kitchens, like noodles, frozen veg, soy sauce etc. I bet if you check your cupboard right now you have at least 4 out of 6 of the ingreidents.
If you have a child or friend in college who lives on store bought ramen do them a solid and share this recipe with them. They will thank you, especially when they don’t gain the freshman 15 because they made their own meals.
Check out my other New Mug Meals for Back to School including Nutella Mug Brownie, a Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich in a Mug, Savory French Toast, and a Cheese & Broccoli Rice Bowl. My Microwave Mug Meals are real food fast!
This Microwave Homemade Ramen is real food fast, not fast food. It is so satisfying to eat something you made that is made with good ingredients.
Microwave the Ramen until the noodles are firm and fully cooked. Feel free to add more seasonings once cooked like fish sauce, more soy sauce etc. The soup is very forgiving, you can get really creative with your ingredients and flavors here.
Cooking time given is based on my 1200W Panasonic Inverter Microwave so your timing might vary. I suggest checking it after 1 minute and go from there.
Get more Mug Meal recipes on Gemma’s Mug Meals Collection Page.
- 1 cup Chicken stock (or veg stock)
- A few strands of Ramen Noodles (¼ portion)
- 2 tablespoons frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 teaspoons amino acids (or soy sauce)
- ½ teaspoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon green onions, sliced
- In a large microwavable mug add in all of your ingredients. Use a large mug as the stock can bubble up while cooking. Break the noodles so they fit in the mug
- Microwave for 2-2 ½ minutes or until the noodles are tender. The timing is based on my 1200W Panasonic Inverter Microwave so yours might vary.
- Serve hot from the microwave. Feel free to add more chili sauce, sesame seeds or any flavors you like.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
2 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.