Hi Bold Bakers!
A Salted Caramel Sauce that I don’t have to stand over, anxiously waiting for it to turn color? Yes, please!
I’m sure you’re not surprised by this recipe considering what you have seen me make in a microwave previously. Since the beginning of Bigger Bolder Baking I have made my microwave work for me. This Caramel sauce is an all-in-one kinda deal, meaning all your ingredients in the 1 jug, mix, microwave and done. Bigger Bolder Baking is about giving you the confidence to bake anytime, anywhere. You don’t just need an oven to bake and recipes do not have to be complicated to give you amazing results, like my Microwave Salted Caramel Sauce!
The result you can see for yourself – a rich caramel sauce that will be a happy addition to any sundae, french toast, pudding…everything!
Get more Microwave recipes including my collection of 100 Mug Meal recipes.
- 4 tablespoons (2oz/60g) butter
- ½ cup (4oz/115g) cream
- 1 cup (6oz/175g) dark brown sugar (dark sugar has more of a caramel flavor)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large measuring jug, combine the brown sugar, butter and cream.
- Microwave the mixture for 1 minute, stir then microwave another 30 seconds more. In total cook for 1.30-2 minutes. Just note it will bubble up as it cooks so keep an eye on it. Once it's golden caramel in color it will be done.
- After you take it out of the microwave, add in the vanilla and salt and whisk it until it's nice and smooth and a uniform color. You want to do this immediately so it all comes together well.
- At this point, you can taste it and decide if you want to add more salt or vanilla!
- When you take it out of the fridge, you should heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time and stir after every cycle. Keep that up until it's nice and fluid again. This caramel sauce should be good for a couple weeks refrigerated.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.