This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
Imagine a big stack of warm and fluffy banana pancakes, made of 4 basic ingredients in the blender in minutes. Oh and they’re paleo, gluten free, dairy free, and have no added sugar! I know, it’s a breakfast miracle!
With this recipe you can have your pancakes and eat them too. Topped off with fresh fruit and my favorite sugar free maple syrup, these banana pancakes make for a very well-rounded breakfast or brunch that you can feel great about making and sharing with your kids, family, and friends!
What is Almond Flour?
Almond flour is simply almonds that have been ground into a fine powder.
While there are lots of different brands of almond flour that are great store bought, it can also be made super easily at home! Gemma’s recipe for Homemade Almond Flour has all the info you need to know, so if you’ve never tried almond flour, there’s no reason not to.
Also, almond flour is naturally free of gluten, high in fiber and healthy fats, making it one of my go-to’s for all my baking.
How to Make Pancakes In The Blender
One of the best parts about my Paleo Pancakes recipe is that everything is made in the blender! I love the ease of this, as I just throw all the ingredients in at once, in no particular order, and blitz. Set’em and forget’em! I often walk away while they’re blending.
After about 2 minutes, the eggs, almond flour, and banana form a lovely thick batter. Even though I kept my pancakes classic after the batter has formed — to keep the ingredient count low — feel free to add in berries, chocolate chips, or even rolled oats.
This recipe is a great base and one of my most favorite to make when breakfast rolls around. No need to measure several wet and dry ingredients out. You simply throw it all in a blender, food processor, or your magic bullet, and blitz away.
What If I Don’t Eat Eggs?
If you don’t eat eggs, have no fear, as a flax or chia eggs can be replaced in this recipe 1 for 1. This means if you’re vegan, or have an egg allergy, you can still whip up these fluffy pancakes in no time! Refer to my Egg Substitute Chart for guidance.
To keep this breakfast low in sugar, I like to top my pancakes with a sugar free maple syrup, but feel free to use whatever you like. Additionally, I love things like tangy fresh fruit, banana, and even a little bit of nut butter.
Get creative here, because my Paleo Pancake recipe would be lovely with just about everything!
Get More Healthy Recipes!
And don’t forget to follow Bigger Bolder Baking on Pinterest!
Watch The Recipe Video!
4 Ingredient Paleo Pancakes Recipe
- Add all the ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blend for 1-2 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender as necessary.
- Once the batter has formed heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat with a little bit of coconut oil.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop batter and pour into the center of the pan.
- Allow the pancakes to cook for around 2 to 3 minutes on the first side or until the edges are firm and browned. Flip and cook for another minute on the other side.
- remove the pancakes from the pan and repeat until all of the batter has been used. This recipe makes 5 pancakes
- Top with sugar-free maple syrup and fresh fruit and enjoy!
- Cover and store left over pancakes in the fridge for up to 2 days.