This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
As a Big and Bold Baker, I make it my mission to create recipes that blow your friends and family away and one of my favorite ways to do this is to take classic flavor combinations and transform them into fresh and new ideas. I’m a proud ambassador for GoodCook, so using my favorite GoodCook products, I’ll show you how I’ve taken the classic peanut butter and jelly combo and created these delicious Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies.
Of all cookie recipes, peanut butter cookies are a fan favorite. This peanut butter cookie recipe is the end all, be all. It mixes both white and brown sugar for extra depth of flavor and uses an entire half cup of peanut butter! The cookie dough comes together in minutes in just one bowl. From there on out, I turn the dough into the most adorable cookies using my Sweet Creations Nested Round Cutters. These little details take homemade peanut butter cookies and give them a professional touch. With my Good Cook Nylon Flexible Turner, I carefully transfer the cookies onto my Good Cook 9 x 13 Cookie Sheet. The best part about these cookies besides the taste – they bake within 10 minutes!
These buttery beauties bake up to be sweet and a touch salty, and are full of peanut butter flavor. Once settled, I transform my easy cookies into a classic sandwich cookie. With my Oodle Tip Piping Bag, I pipe a generous layer of my Crazy Peanut Butter Frosting onto one cookie. I spread jam on another cookie and sandwich the two together. These Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies are easily my all time favorite kind of sandwich and soon to be yours too! Enjoy!
What do you use to bake cookies?
For cookies and other baking, there are a few essentials:
Other Helpful Cookie Tips:
How do you store cookies?
Store cookies in an airtight containers at room temperature to prevent them from going soft. If after a few days your crispy cookies soften, recrisp them by baking at 300°F (150°C) for five minutes, and cool completely on a wire rack. Do not store cookies in the fridge unless the recipe calls for it.
How long can you store cookies for?
Store cookies for 2-3 days in an airtight container. Crisp cookies will keep a few days longer than soft cookies. You can store cookie dough in the freezer for 4-5 months.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies
- 1/2 cup (4oz /115g) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (3oz / 85g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (2oz / 57g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (4oz / 115g) peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup ( 7 ½ oz / 213g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup (5oz / 150g) strawberry jam
- 1 batch Crazy Peanut Butter Frosting
- Preheat your oven to 350°F(180°C) and line your Good Cook 9 x 13 Cookie Sheet, set aside.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl, set aside.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, cream the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add in peanut butter and mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in egg and vanilla then mix until just combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the batter in two parts with the stand mixer on the lowest speed. Mix until the flour is just incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Transfer your dough to a large, floured surface and gently press into an even layer.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown and firm on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 3-4 minutes before transferring to your cooling rack to cool completely.
- While the cookies are baking, make the Crazy Peanut Butter Frosting.
- Once the cookies have fully cooled, frost half of the cookies with the peanut butter frosting.
- Spread jelly on the other half of the cookies.
- Sandwich a jelly cookie and peanut butter cookie together and enjoy !