This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
If you know me you know I am passionate about pizza! From my Microwave Mug Pizza to my Pizza Monkey Bread, let’s just say I know what do to with some pizza sauce, cheese and pepperoni! This recipe for Pepperoni Pizza Rolls is my latest addition to Bigger Bolder Baking’s pizza interpretations and I must say, it might become your favorite.
These Pepperoni Pizza Rolls started with the idea of a classic cinnamon roll. I swapped out the sweet filling for all the best parts of a pepperoni pizza and BAM, Pepperoni Pizza Rolls! I can’t describe to you how yummy these rolls are. I start by making a yeasty dough just like you would for a cinnamon roll. The best part of the dough is that it is made up easily on my stand mixer. Once the dough has proofed and developed lots of that yeasty flavor I roll it out then get it all dressed up like a pizza. A big smear of minced garlic and my 5 Minute Pizza Sauce are the first to go on my dough, followed by a generous helping of shredded mozzarella. Last, but not least, I add a sprinkle of chopped-up pepperoni.
After I roll up the pepperoni pizza filled dough I slice it into thick individual rolls, with perfect pizza spiral centers. These beauties bake up to be big and fluffy, filled with melted cheese and zesty pepperoni. I think you and your family will find these irresistible. They are perfect for lunch or a savory afternoon treat. I can’t wait for you to dig into these Pepperoni Pizza Rolls!
Get more of my Pizza Recipes!
Watch The Recipe Video!
Pepperoni Pizza Rolls Recipe
- 3 ¼ cups (1lb1oz/510g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2¼ teaspoons Instant, fast acting dried yeast
- 2 tablespoons (1oz/30g) butter, cubed
- 1 cups (8floz/240ml) milk
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup (5oz/150g) pizza sauce
- 3 cups (24oz/720g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (11/4oz/40g) pepperoni, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Italain herbs
- For the dough: Mix the flour, yeast, and salt together in a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook.
- In a measuring jug, heat the milk and butter until the milk is lukewarm and the butter is melted.
- Turn the mixer on low and slowly add the milk mixture to the flour. Mix for 2 minutes on low speed to wake up the yeast. Increase the speed to medium and mix for roughly 6-8 minutes, or until the dough is shiny and smooth. (if your dough seems a little wet add some flour just to make it form a ball)
- When your dough is ready, take it off the machine and rub the dough and bowl with olive oil (or any flavorless oil). This will help the dough to rise in the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise at room temperature until doubled, 1 ½ -2 hours, depending on your room temperature.
- Once the dough has proofed, gently remove the dough from the bowl knocking out the air.
- Transfer the dough to a floured work surface, and roll it into a rectangle approximately 12 inches by 24 inches.
- First spread the minced garlic across the dough followed by a thin layer of pizza sauce, then cheese and pepperoni. Be sure to leave a narrow margin around the edges uncovered.
- Starting with a long edge, gently roll the dough into a log.
- Slice the rolls 3” thick and set them on a baking pan lined with parchment, spacing the buns about 2 inches apart.
- (AT THIS POINT YOU CAN REFRIGERATE TO BAKE OFF THE FOLLOWING DAY IF YOU WISH)
- Cover the pan, and allow the rolls to rise until they're have grown into each other and are puffed up, about 45 minutes -1 hour. (depending on how hot your kitchen is).
- Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 375oF/ 190oC. Uncover the pan, and bake the buns for 35 to 40 minutes, until they're a deep golden brown. Rotate the tray during baking so they can get golden brown all over.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
- Store in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.