This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
It’s Gemma with a NEW BOLD Breakfast recipe for Spring–my Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes. You’ll love the graham cracker pancakes, cream cheese filling and fresh strawberry sauce.
And let me know if there are any bold baking ideas you’d like to see on Bigger Bolder Baking or my Baking Gems series!
Watch The Recipe Video!
Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes
- Graham Cracker Pancakes
- ½ Cup + 1/3 cups Graham Flour (Bob's Mills) or any whole grain flour
- ½ Cup A.p Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp fine Sea Salt
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 large Egg , whisked
- 4 tablespoons Honey
- 1 ⅓ cup (8 ounces) Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Butter , melted
- Strawberry sauce
- 1 lb. strawberries , washed, hulled & sliced
- ¼ cup sugar or grated panela/piloncillo - adjust more or less to your preference
- ¼ cup water
- ½ lemon , juice
- Cheesecake filling
- 1 1/2 package (s) (8 ounces each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoon (s) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (s) heavy cream
- ½ juiced fresh lemon juice
- First, Prepare Graham Cracker Pancake batter.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl. Melt your butter now to have it at room temperature
- Whisk together wet ingredients separately. Add wet to dry and mix just enough to spell P.A.N.C.A.K.E , then pour in the butter and stir 3 more times.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or griddle over medium heat. Melt butter..
- Spoon pancake batter onto medium heat pan. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface and the edges change color. The bubbles are 'Pancake Pillars' that hold up your pancake and make it thick.
- Gently flip and cook for another minute or so. Until your pancakes are golden brown and cooked through.
- To make the Strawberry Sauce
- Combine all the ingredients in a small pot over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer and cook over medium low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Skim any foam that rises to the surface. This is from the fruit. Skimmy it
- Cheesecake filling
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese,sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the heavy cream. Increase the speed to high and beat until thick and stiff, about 2 minutes.
- Tip: if you have some left over, put it in a jar with the strawberry sauce and some cookie crumbs to make cheesecake jars 🙂
- To assemble the pancake, spoon your cheesecake filling on your Graham Cracker pancakes. Build them up and make a delicious stack. Generously pour over you Strawberry sauce. The combination of three layers will blow you mind. If you closed your eyes, you would think you were eating cheesecake.