Hi Bold Bakers!
In my eyes Nutella can do no wrong! It goes great with ice cream, as a Mug Cake or even off the back of a spoon. We see how versatile it is so let’s throw another dessert into the mix with these 2 ingredient Nutella Brownies.
These brownies will be the easiest and the moistest you have ever tasted!!!
- 4 large eggs
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 1 Cup (8oz/ 240g) Nutella, warmed in the microwave
- ½ teaspoon icing sugar for decorating (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F/180°C. Line the base and sides of a 8x8 inch square cake tin with baking parchment.
- Break the eggs into a mixing bowl, then add the salt and beat using a freestanding mixer with the whisk attachment until they have more than doubled in size and are pale, aerated and mousse-like. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Measure the Nutella into a microwave-safe jug and microwave for 40 seconds to 1 minute. Or you can soften it in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water for 3 – 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until warm and slightly runny.
- Stir the heated Nutella, then pour it in a continuous thin stream into the eggs, whisking as you go, until all the Nutella is combined. This will knock the volume out of the eggs quite a bit, but don't worry about it.
- Pour this mixture into your prepared cake tin and bake for 17– to 20 minutes, by which time the top will be dry, and the middle tender but set in a slightly jellied.Leave to cool completely in the tin.
- Once cool, cut it into 16 squares, arrange them on a plate and dust with a little icing sugar pressed through a fine tea strainer or sieve.
Stack the squares in an airtight container with baking parchment in between the layers. Freeze for up to 3 months.
To defrost, put squares on a wire rack and leave at room temperature for about 1 hour, or defrost overnight in fridge.
Did you know you can actually make your own Homemade Nutella? It’s easy to make and even better for you than the store-bought version.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.