From after-school snack time to anytime indulgence, my three ingredient Nutella recipe will yield you a perfect brownie in a mug.
Hi Bold Bakers!
We all know that dessert is the most important meal of the day so let’s get down to business with my Microwave Mug Nutella Brownie. If you’re a chocoholic like me, you appreciate a good chewy brownie. For a brownie this delicious, it’s incredible to learn that the recipe requires just three ingredients and takes just a minute to yield in the microwave.
How to Make a Brownie in a Mug
This easy brownie recipe is made with just a few ingredients: a bit of Nutella (store-bought or homemade nutella), a gently-whisked egg, and all-purpose flour. Like most baked goods, whisk your wet ingredients together first then add them to your dry. Once your batter is ready, your homemade brownie is ready for the microwave.
Microwaving your brownie in a mug will actually steam any liquid in your batter from the inside out rather than the outside in, meaning you’ll have as chewy of a brownie as its traditionally-baked predecessor. Cooking time given is based on my 1200W Panasonic Inverter Microwave so your timing might vary. I suggest checking it after 1 minute of baking and go from there. If your brownie is overcooked, it will dry out and harden. Your microwave brownie will be done once the top has just firmed.
This mug brownie is perfect for after-school snack time, great for sleepovers, and ready any time you want to indulge yourself. Don’t take my word for it, make it and taste for yourself. I know I’m not supposed to have favorites, but this is my favorite mug dessert and soon you’ll know why.
Find over 100 other Mug Meals recipes on my Gemma’s Mug Meals Collection Page.
Check out my other Back to School Mug Meals:
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon (3 ¼ oz/90g) Nutella
- 1 large egg, gently whisked
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- In a large microwavable mug add the Nutella and egg and whisk together.
- Add flour and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Microwave for roughly 45 seconds - 1 minute. (Cooking time is based on my 1200W Panasonic Inverter Microwave so your timing might vary). Always keep a close eye on your mug while in the microwave so it doesn’t overflow or overcook.
- When the brownie is set and firm on top it is done. Let the brownie cool and minutes before serving
- Serve with some vanilla ice cream while it’s still warm.
- (Gemma cooked for 1 minute in video)
Cooking time will vary depending on your microwave and the width and depth of the mug
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
27 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.