Hi Bold Bakers!
If you’re like me, you’re also an avid peanut butter lover! One of my favorite ways to enjoy peanut butter’s nutty flavor and creamy texture is with some classic peanut butter cookies. Who doesn’t have happy childhood memories of making or eating peanut butter cookies, with that cross hatch patter on top, chewy texture and nutty sweet taste!
This recipe is truly as easy as 1, 2, 3, meaning you can whip up some happiness on any old day. This recipe is pretty much magic, made of just 1 cup of peanut butter, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 egg. The 1 to 1 ratio really makes this recipe easy to remember.
This has become one of my go-to cookie recipes. After mixing all 3 ingredients together in a bowl, you roll the dough into balls and press them down and flatten them with the back of a fork. This gives them them the peanut butter cookie look we all know and love. They then bake for 15 minutes into impressively thick and decadent cookies. While this recipe really cuts down on prep time, none of the flavor or texture is lost in the process.
While these are perfection all on their own, I love the idea of these being filled with my creamy 2 Ingredient Ice Cream to make some homemade ice cream sandwiches. You could absolutely cover them in rich Chocolate Frosting, or dip them in melted chocolate! All you Bold Bakers must give these a try. I promise you, they will be an instant hit!
Don’t Miss a New Recipe. Get FREE Recipes Delivered to You!
- 1 cup (8oz/240g) sugar
- 1 cup (8oz/240g) peanut butter
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 350oF (180Oc) and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl stir all three ingredients together until smooth.
- Using a tablespoon measure scoop out 2 tablespoon of cookie dough and roll into a smooth ball.
- Place pre-rolled cookies on your cookie sheet about one inch apart, no need to worry about these spreading.
- Press down with the back of a fork and then press again from the opposite direction to form that classic criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on the tray for 1-2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
25 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.