Hi Bold Bakers!
When Christmas rolls around there are certain recipes you need in your back pocket. Those recipes you can whip up in a flash and that are fan favorites. An Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe is one such recipe. Cookies are so much fun to bake around the Holidays because they are great for little hands to make and you can decorate them and give them out as Holiday gifts.
Whether you are decorating cookies for Santa, or just to have with a cup of hot chocolate these cookies are always my go to. I break out my Christmas cookie cutters and go to town making festive shapes. Then I store them away in an airtight container and I have them to hand when guests drop by.
Have you seen my Holiday Baking Headquarters page? You’ll find every recipe you could possibly need for the holidays including Christmas Cookies, edible gifts and my best holiday baking tips!
- ¾ cups (6oz/180g) butter, cubes and cold
- 1 cups (8oz/240g) sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups (12oz/360) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor add in the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir a little with a spatula
- Add in the cold butter and blitz for seconds JUST until the mix looks like big bread crumbs
- Whisk together the eggs and vanilla extract. Pour into the food processor and pulse for seconds until the dough comes together, no more. Take care not to over mix. Chill the dough for 2 hour. (If dough can also be made by rubbing in the butter into the flour)
- Once Chilled roll out some of the dough on a well floured surface
- Cut out your desired shapes and transfer them to a baking tray lined with parchment. (this is a soft dough so work fast).
- Bake at 325oF(160oC) for 18-20 minutes or until a light golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Decorate withroyal icing if you wish and store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
2 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.