Hi Bold Bakers!
One of the best parts about being a Bold Baker is having lots of sweet tricks up your sleeve including these wonderful 3 Ingredient Shortbread Cookies. For me, this means having loads of recipes I can pull together at the drop of a hat, without ever having to open a cookbook. These 3 Ingredient Shortbread Cookies are one of my go-to recipes, as they are a classic 3,2,1 recipe (Ratio applies to cup measurements only). This means I can make them off the top of my head and now you can too!
For those of you who don’t know, a 3,2,1 recipe is a recipe which has only 3 ingredients and a ratio of 3 parts to 2 parts to 1 part. These 3 Ingredient Shortbread Cookies are mostly flour, the 3. Then some butter, the 2. Lastly a bit of powdered sugar, the 1. On top of being a super, versatile, easy recipe to remember, these Shortbread Cookies are made in just one bowl and bake up super fast. For those who do not use eggs, not an egg in sight! All you have to do is mix up the dough, roll it into a log, let it chill then slice them into perfect little rounds.
There is something so satisfying about both making, and eating, these lovely 3 Ingredient Shortbread Cookies. The finished cookies bake up to golden brown perfection with a super crumbly and rich texture, thanks to all that creamy butter. While I love to enjoy Shortbread Cookies all on their own, there are so many things you can do with them, from filling them with peanut butter to making shortbread and peanut butter sandwiches, to dipping one half of them in chocolate, filling with jam, just endless possibilities. I can’t wait for you to learn the method behind these cookies then give them a try for yourself.
- 1 cup ( 8oz/240g) ) butter, room temperature
- ½ cup (2oz/60g)) powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 cups (10oz/300g)) all purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 350o F (180oC) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream together the soft butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light inf fluffy.
- Add in the flour and mix until the dough just comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a counter dusted with powdered sugar and gently roll the dough into a long two by two inch log.
- Wrap the log of cookie dough in plastic wrap and allow to firm up in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once the dough is firm slice the cookies into ¾ inch thick rounds. Place each round on your baking trey and bake for 16-18 minutes or until just golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Once cool the cookies can be stored in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
3 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.