Whip up my easy and buttery Shortbread Cookies recipe with just three simple ingredients.
Hi Bold Bakers!
One of the best parts about being a Bold Baker is having lots of sweet tricks up your sleeve. For me, that means having loads of easy cookie recipes I can pull together at the drop of a hat without ever having to open a cookbook. These wonderful Shortbread Cookies are one of my go-to recipes for a classic buttery fix. I can make this simple 3,2,1 recipe off the top of my head and now you can too with my shortbread cookies recipe!
What is a “3, 2, 1 Recipe?”
For those of you who don’t know, a 3,2,1 recipe is a recipe which has only 3 ingredients and a ratio of 3 parts to 2 parts to 1 part (ratio applies to cup measurements only). These 3 Ingredient Shortbread Cookies are mostly flour, the third part. Then some butter, the second part. Lastly a bit of powdered sugar, the one part. And for those of you who do not use eggs – not an egg in sight! All you have to do is mix up the dough, roll it into a log, let it chill and then slice them into perfect little rounds.
How to Make Shortbread Cookies
There is something so satisfying about both making and eating these lovely 3 ingredient cookies. On top of being an incredibly versatile and easy recipe to remember, these easy Shortbread Cookies are made in just one bowl and bake up super fast. All you have to do is mix up the dough, roll it into a log, let it chill and then slice them into perfect little rounds. The finished cookies bake up to golden brown perfection with a super crumbly and rich texture thanks to all that creamy butter.
While I love to enjoy Shortbread Cookies all on their own, there are so many things you can do with them: make them into shortbread thumbprint cookies with a bit of jam, fill them with peanut butter to make shortbread and peanut butter sandwiches, dip one half of them in chocolate – the possibilities with shortbread are endless.
Get more Cookies!
Enjoy buttery and delicious Shortbread Cookies with my easy 3 Ingredient Shortbread Cookies recipe for all of the flavor with less of the fuss.
- 1 cup ( 8oz/240g) ) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (2oz/60g)) powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 cups (10oz/300g)) all purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 350o F (180oC) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream together the soft butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light inf fluffy.
- Add in the flour and mix until the dough just comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a counter dusted with powdered sugar and gently roll the dough into a long two by two inch log.
- Wrap the log of cookie dough in plastic wrap and allow to firm up in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once the dough is firm slice the cookies into 3/4 inch thick rounds. Place each round on your baking trey and bake for 16-18 minutes or until just golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Once cool the cookies can be stored in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
Watch the Recipe Video!
If you do not use butter, though this is best for these cookies, you may use a hard baking margarine, not the spreadable tub one.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
30 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.