Hi Bold Bakers!
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are a holiday favorite with my family and friends, and soon they will be favorites in your house too. It is just not Christmas until the house is filled with homemade treats (check out my Holiday Baking Headquarters), and a treat just isn’t really much of a treat unless it is chocolate!
My Chocolate Crinkle Cookies recipe is perfect for every holiday occasion, Christmas, Hanukkah and New Years Eve parties. These are rich, brownie-like chocolate cookies, with a soft interior, crunchy exterior and a healthy amount of sweet powdered sugar crinkling on the outside; they are the perfect finishing touch to any celebration.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies start with sugar, oil and a TON of rich cocoa powder. Packed with chocolate, these cookies are very similar to a brownie, but take a super yummy turn right before baking. This cookie recipe will have your family and friends coming back for more!
You simply mix up the rich chocolate batter and chill for 4 hours. When chilled, roll the dough into little chocolate balls. Dip each little ball into lots of powdered sugar, and the magic happens!
My Chocolate Crinkle Cookies bake for just 10-12 minutes, which gives them such a nice texture. They are just baked, chewy, dense and packed with a chocolate punch After just a short time in the oven these babies flatten out revealing a perfect glimpse of the chocolate inside, while staying powdery and white on the outside. I can’t wait for you to enjoy these this holiday season!
Have you seen my Holiday Baking Headquarters page? You’ll find every recipe you could possibly need for the holidays including Christmas Cookies, edible gifts and my best holiday baking tips!
- 1 cup (4oz/120g) cocoa powder
- 2 cups (16oz/480g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (4floz/120ml) vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (10oz/300g) all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (2oz/60g) confectioners sugar
- In a medium bowl mix together the cocoa, white sugar, and vegetable oil.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- In another bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet until an even brownie like batter is formed.
- Cover the dough, and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350oF (180oC) and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into one inch balls then coat each ball in confectioners sugar before placing on to prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to stand on the cookie sheet for a minute before transferring to wire racks to cool.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
4 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.