Hi Bold Bakers!
You know what’s better than a slice of Apple Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream? How about the two wrapped into one Apple Pie Ice Cream! I love creating these Holiday Ice Cream flavors for you because they are just so festive. From flavors like White Chocolate and Cranberry Ice Cream to Gingerbread Ice Cream, these homemade ice cream flavors are no brainers for this time of year. This Apple Pie Ice Cream is no exception.
Talk about Big and Bold, this homemade ice cream flavor combines real homemade apple pie filling, (Crock Pot Apple Pie Filling) my 2-ingredient ice cream base and crushed graham cracker crumbs. Something special happens when that hearty spiced apple compote is mixed with my No-Machine Vanilla Ice Cream base. The result is super rich, fruity and full of texture and it doesn’t stop there. With the addition of crushed graham crackers this Apple Pie Ice Cream might actually be better than a real apple pie. It’s certainly more exciting.
This is not your grandma’s recipe but it has all the best and most comforting bits of an actual slice of apple pie. The best thing is how simple this Holiday Ice Cream is to make and how it lets nothing in your kitchen go to waste. This Apple Pie Ice Cream reminds you to think outside of the box when it comes to making festive desserts. While this is great served after a big holiday feast, you’ll find yourself wanting to make it all year round!
Have you seen my Holiday Baking Headquarters page? There you’ll find every recipe you could possibly need for the Holidays, from Easy Sugar Cookies to my Best-Ever Pecan Pie. Plus, get more Holiday Ice Cream flavors including Peppermint and Chocolate and Cookies for Santa Ice Cream.
- 1x14 ounce (1 Can/400ml) sweetened condensed milk, cold
- 2 cups (16oz/450 ml) heavy fresh dairy cream, cold
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)
- ½ cup (11/2oz/125g) crushed graham crackers
- 2 cup (20oz/566g) apple pie filling (can substitute apple sauce, or cooked apples)
- Beat cold heavy dairy cream on medium in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or using a hand mixer) until stiff peaks form.
- Turn down the speed a little and pour the condensed milk into the whipped cream. (Stir in vanilla extract now if desired).
- Then, turn up the machine speed again and whip until your mixture is thick and to stiff peaks.
- Now you have your ice cream base add in your graham cracker crumbs and apple pie filling.
- Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight before scooping and serving.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.