This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
I love trifles; all of their delicious layers of different flavors and textures make for one beautiful dessert. This banana bread trifle combines a lot of my favorites—sweet banana bread, rich caramel, creamy crème anglaise, fresh bananas, and fluffy whipped cream. Each spoonful is bursting with flavor, and the layers make for a gorgeous presentation!
The sweet flavors of caramel, custard, and banana bread are made bright with fresh bananas and whipped cream. It is deeply delicious and the ultimate comfort food!
A big bonus is that most of the components of this recipe can be made ahead of time, so you’re not rushing around the kitchen trying to get the final course ready! The banana bread, crème anglaise, and caramel sauce can be made days in advance, so all you have to do is assemble!
What Is Banana Bread Trifle?
I’ve shown you how to make a few trifles in the past, including a decadent Chocolate Fudge Brownie and Raspberry Trifle, Holiday Gingerbread Trifle, and a Salted Caramel and Chocolate Brownie Trifle—but I love this banana bread trifle when the weather starts to get a bit warmer.
Trifles, a popular dessert in the UK, are usually made with fruit, custard, and sponge fingers. Instead, I’m using banana bread! The banana bread is cubed and layered along with whipped cream, salted caramel sauce, crème anglaise, and fresh bananas. One taste, and you’ll be hooked.
What You Need To Make Banana Bread Trifle
How To Make Banana Bread Trifle
Make my banana bread, salted caramel sauce, crème anglaise in advance, and follow these steps to make a delicious banana bread trifle (and don’t forget to get the full recipe with measurements, on the page down below):
- Prep your 6 serving cups or bowls by placing them on a serving tray.
- Whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Cube and divide half of the banana bread (8oz/225g) among the serving bowls.
- Pour half of the caramel sauce (5oz/142g) into the six bowls over the banana bread layer.
- Drizzle half of the crème anglaise (8floz/225ml) on top of the caramel layer.
- Place half of your sliced bananas on top of the crème anglaise layer.
- Take a dollop of whipped cream and plop it on top of the bananas.
- Repeat the layering with the remaining ingredients in the same order as above.
- Refrigerate the trifles for at least 3 hours before serving.
Gemma’s Pro Chef Tips For Making Banana Bread Trifle
How Do I Store Banana Bread Trifle?
Banana bread trifle is best served the day it is made, but any leftover banana bread trifles can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
Make More Fine Desserts
And don’t forget to buy my Bigger Bolder Baking Cookbook!
Full (and printable) recipe below!