Hi Bold Bakers!
If you’ve been following my Crazy Dough Bread Series, you already know that I transform one all purpose bread dough into a variety of different sweet and savory treats from a Cheesy Bread Loaf to Homemade Naan and even Homemade Pizza. This dough is called crazy for a reason: it’s crazy simple, crazy delicious and crazy versatile!
This recipe for Braided Nutella Bread is one of my absolute favorites of this series! It is the perfect balance between yeasty soft bread and rich chocolaty Nutella. There are few recipes that allow Nutella to shine like this one, as this dough is rolled then cut and twisted to reveal a beautifully Nutella striped loaf. You can even make my Homemade Nutella if you’d like to go all out.
This bread loaf is so impressive, no one will believe you were able to make it easily at home and with no special tools and ingredients. Definitely have a look at my YouTube video for this recipe to see how easy it is to prefect this braided loaf look!
This recipe will have you baking like a pro in no time. If you love this recipe as much as I do, feel free to experiment with all different sweet and savory fillings of your own. I would love to hear what all you Bold Bakers come up with!
Get more Crazy Dough Recipes!
- 1 batch Crazy Dough
- ½ cup (5oz/150g) Nutella
- Once your Crazy Dough has proofed for the first time (about 1 hour) transfer to a lightly floured surface.
- Cut the dough in half to create 2 loaves. Roll using a rolling pin to 16 x 9 inch rectangle.
- Using a spatula or butter knife spread the Nutella across the rectangle in an even thin layer, about 1 inch away from the edge of the dough. You don't want too much Nutella as it can muddy when you cut your bread.
- Using your fingertips gently roll the dough into a tight log. Once the dough had been rolled into a log carefully slice down the center of the log using a serrated knife.
- Now that you're left with 2 parts of dough start at the top pinching the 2 parts together, then twisting them around each other until you get to the bottom. Re-pinch pinch the bottom and top of the twisted log together to secure the loaf.
- Grease a loaf tin with vegetable oil and carefully lift your braided loaf into the center of the tin.
- Cover with plastic wrap and a tea towel and allow to proof for a second time, 45 minutes to an hour.
- Pre-heat your oven to 375oF (190oC). Uncover your braided loaf (it should be about double in size) and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 15-20 minutes before slicing and serving, enjoy!
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
22 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.