This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
Chocolate cannot be confined to a season since it is always a welcomed addition to any dinner table. So during the holidays or any time of year, chocolate lovers will go nuts for this gorgeous little Hot Chocolate Mug Cake.
Mug Meals are a fantastic way to make real food fast! Made with good quality ingredients, everything is made from scratch in just minutes. Whether you are short on time, want to control your portions, or just want to make homemade meals with little fuss and waste then yes, mug meals are for you. A perfect example of this is my husband Kevin makes the Burrito in a Mug almost every day for breakfast. Not because we don’t have an oven but because he can make it in less than 5 minutes in the one mug.
I love mug cakes because they are just a speedier way to enjoy cake with little prep time and practically no cleaning up. I have over 50+ Mug Recipes from breakfast to dessert and everything in between so make sure you check them out. P.S if you are looking for something savory, try my Mug Pizza. It is heaven in a mug.
PLUS, now you can BUY my first e-book, Gemma’s Mug Meals, and get 80+ Pages featuring 30 Mug Meal Recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and dessert including 10 Exclusive Recipes. Just click on the image below to buy it. I hope you enjoy!
Watch The Recipe Video!
Hot Chocolate Mug Cake
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoon flavorless oil (sunflower, coconut, canola)
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) milk
- In a microwaveable mug (roughly 1 cup measurement) mix together all of the ingredients.
- Microwave for 40 -50 seconds (Timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary).
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of cream and marshmallows or just eat it by itself!