This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
WHAT YOU GET: My spicy, savory, and cheesy Jalapeno Cheddar Cream Cheese recipe will become your go-to spread for bagels and appetizers alike.
August means back to school or work for a lot of us. What do you usually go for when you need something quick but filling for breakfast?
I have to say, there’s nothing as good as a toasted bagel with cream cheese. It’s a quick and easy on-the-go breakfast. While regular cream cheese definitely hits the spot, my homemade Jalapeño Cheddar Cream Cheese recipe is a new way to spice up the first meal of the day, and it’s perfect for snack times and party platters!
I know what you may be thinking — cream cheese with jalapeños? But trust me, adding some heat to your cream cheese instantly elevates the flavor profile. You can always adjust the amount of jalapeno peppers and cheese to your liking. The best part is you can whip this 3-ingredient recipe up in just 12 minutes!
What Does Jalapeño Cheddar Cream Cheese Taste Like?
When we think of cream cheese, we think of a mild, sweet, and tangy flavor. We’ve seen cream cheese used before in sweet desserts, like my Cream Cheese Frosting and New York Cheesecake, but cream cheese is such a versatile ingredient that you can even make it work for savory recipes as well.
Combining the hot jalapeños, sharp cheddar, and mild cream cheese, you’ve got the perfect spread that balances various textures and savory flavors. The heat is rounded out by the cheesiness of the cheddar and cream cheese, but it also provides that subtle bite.
What Is Jalapeño Cheddar Cream Cheese Good On?
My Cheddar Jalapeno Cream Cheese mixture can be spread on bagels, crackers, toast, and sandwiches, or even a dip for chips and veggie platters.
Tools You Need To Make Jalapeño Cheddar Cream Cheese:
How To Store Jalapeño Cheddar Cream Cheese
To keep your homemade Jalapeno Cream Cheese fresh for as long as possible, store it in an airtight container and pop it in the fridge for up to 5 days. It’s possible you won’t even need that long — it might be all gone before the 5 days are up!
Gemma’s Pro Chef Tips For Making The Best Jalapeño Cheddar Cream Cheese:
- Always wear protective gloves when handling fresh hot peppers.
- You can use other peppers, but they all have varying degrees of spiciness, so proceed with caution!
- Make sure to use sharp cheddar cheese for the best flavor.
- Use softened cream cheese — it makes whipping it up a lot easier!
- Full-fat cream cheese makes for the best-textured results.
- You can double this recipe for a crowd.
- Serve this with Homemade Bagels!
Looking For More Delicious Spreads? Check Out:
- 3 Homemade Cream Cheese Flavors For The Perfect Bagel Bite
- How to Make Homemade Flavored Butters
- 7 Easy Compound Butter Flavors
Jalapeño Cheddar Cream Cheese
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- ¼ cup (¾ oz/21 g) sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 recipe Homemade Cream Cheese
- Wear protective gloves to stem and seed the jalapeño pepper. Chop into a fine dice.
- Add the jalapeño pepper, grated cheddar and cream cheese to a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.