Hi Bold Bakers!
When it comes to Mug Meals I have made everything from Microwave Mug Pizza to Mac & Cheese in a Mug and overtime I say to myself, “What next?” Sometimes I am flat out of ideas. And then in the eleventh hour it hits me: Microwave Chicken Pie in a Mug! Did you know you can make a delicious Chicken Pie with a buttery Biscuit crust from scratch in the microwave? Keep reading….
Usually a Chicken Pie requires a lot of steps but this little gem is very straight forward and just needs a handful of ingredients. Rather than using leftover cooked chicken for cold sandwiches, use it to make this Chicken Pie. Mix it up with chicken stock, frozen vegetables and a little milk for a creamy sauce and you have yourself a base for a Chicken Pie.
So a pie is not a pie without a pastry or biscuit topping correct? Do you see that lovely soft topping on my pie? Well that is none other than my Cheese & Herb Biscuit in a Mug recipe. As it cooked in the microwave it rises up and you get a lovely soft biscuit as a crust.
Like this Mug Meal? Then you might also like my Breakfast Cookie in a Mug, Homemade Spagetti O’s in a Mug, 1 Minute Cheddar & Herb Biscuit in a Mug, and even my 1 Minute Microwave Sticky Toffee Pudding.
Mug Meals are not only time savers but they also make just 1 single serving portion so you don’t have waste or make too much.
There’s no reason why you can’t have something good for you that is homemade just because you might not have the time or an oven. Mug Meals are the solution to that problem.
The nutritional value along with Weight Watchers Points can be found in the written recipe below.
This is my comfort food. Using cooked chicken from leftover dinner makes it so easy and a brand new dish.
- 3-4 tablespoons cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons frozen vegetables (peas and carrots)
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon full fat milk or cream
- For the Biscuit topping
- 4 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon (1/4 oz/ 9g) butter, cubed
- 3½ tablespoons milk (or buttermilk)
- 1 tablespoon chopped herbs
- In a large microwavable mug add in the cooked chicken, frozen vegetables, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Stir well together to mix in the cornstarch. The cornstarch is used to thicken the sauce.
- Pour in the stock and milk and stir well until everything is combined. Set aside.
- For the biscuit topping: Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using a fork rub in the cubed butter into the dry ingredients. When done it will resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the milk and herbs until your mix forms a batter. (I decided to leave out the cheese for the pie topping).
- Gently scoop the batter on top of the chicken pie mix. It might sink a little, don’t worry that is fine. During cooking it will rise up.
- Microwave for roughly 2 minutes- 2 minutes 15 seconds. It is ready when the biscuit batter is firm on top and you don’t see any wet batter. (This timing is based on my 1200W microwave so yours might vary)
- Enjoy warm!
The chicken stock will give your pie a lot of flavor. Use stock over broth as broth is weaker in flavor.
Smart points: 16
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
5 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.