This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
It’s just not a Christmas celebration without some frosted sugar cookies! My Mug Sugar Cookies have all the ingredients of those sweet frosted sugar cookies, with out any of the fuss. Usually when making a traditional sugar cookie recipe you have to get out your electric mixer, mix up the cookie dough, allow it to chill in the fridge, then you can finally roll them out and bake them. After baking sugar cookies they have to cool in order to frost them. Then you still have to decorate. Delicious, but a lot of trouble.
Imagine the same flavor and festive look made in minutes in a mug in the microwave. My Mug Sugar Cookies make this dream a reality! And you can even make one to share! Mix up a few simple ingredients in 2 mugs, microwave for just 1 minute each, and these cookies are ready for decorating! Talk about instant gratification! I cover my Mug Sugar Cookies with white frosting and tiny red and green sprinkles. They taste amazing and look adorable, what more could you want for a holiday treat?
Get two more Christmas Mug Cookies including Hot Chocolate Mug Cookies and Gingerbread Mug Cookies. And have you seen my Holiday Baking Headquarters page? You’ll find every recipe you could possibly need for the holidays including Christmas Cookies, edible gifts and my best holiday baking tips! And have you seen my Holiday Baking Headquarters page? You’ll find every recipe you could possibly need for the holidays including Christmas Cookies, edible gifts and my best holiday baking tips!
Watch The Recipe Video!
Mug Sugar Cookies for Two Recipe
- 2 tablespoon (1oz/30g) butter
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sprinkles
- Place butter in the mug and melt in microwave (about 30 seconds).
- Add sugar and stir together.
- Mix in the egg yolks, thoroughly.
- Stir in flour, salt and sprinkles, until combined.
- Divide the mix between two mugs.
- Top with sprinkles and cook in the microwave separately for about 45 seconds - 1 minute. (This timing is based on my 1200W microwave so check the wattage of your timing may vary)
- Serve with a little buttercream frosting on top and enjoy!