This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
Is there any flavor more Christmassy than gingerbread? My Gingerbread Mug Cookies will get you right into the holiday mood. I am all about big and bold desserts that are made for sharing. I have also been called the queen of microwave mug creations, so this recipe is right up my alley, and yours too I think!
My Gingerbread Mug Cookies are so satisfying and ready to eat in minutes. Usually gingerbread cookies are cut into cute shapes like my Homemade Gingerbread Men, and of course made into houses for decorating like my Gingerbread House Log Cabin. I love all of these fun traditions but I find they often go to waste once decorated with frosting and extra bits and bobs. And they are rarely eaten, which is a shame.
These Gingerbread Mug Cookies have all the ingredients of classic gingerbread. They are loaded with aromatic ground ginger and cinnamon, giving it a deep brown color, depending on the sugar you use, and a rich spicy flavor. Micro-bake them for just 1 minute in the microwave and they are done. They are so simple and perfect for whipping up for your next holiday celebration. I top these holiday wonders with a bit of cinnamon sugar to compliment all the spice, and vanilla ice cream is a must, along with an adorable piece of edible holly. Your family and friends will be lining up for these easy to prepare, made to share, Gingerbread Mug Cookies for Two!
Get two more Christmas Mug Cookies including Mug Sugar Cookies and Hot Chocolate Mug Cookies. And have you seen my Holiday Baking Headquarters page? You’ll find every recipe you could possibly need for the holidays including Christmas Cookies, edible gifts and my best holiday baking tips! And have you seen my Holiday Baking Headquarters page? You’ll find every recipe you could possibly need for the holidays including Christmas Cookies, edible gifts and my best holiday baking tips!
Watch The Recipe Video!
Gingerbread Mug Cookies for Two Recipe
- 2 tablespoons (1oz/30g) butter
- 4 tablespoons sugar (Brown or white)
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- Place butter in the mug and melt in the microwave (about 30 seconds).
- Stir in the sugar (brown or white).
- beat in the egg yolks, mixing thoroughly.
- Add flour, cinnamon, salt and ginger and stir until combined.
- Divide the mix between two mugs.
- Cook in the microwave separately for about 45 seconds - 1 minute. (This timing is based on my 1200W microwave so check the wattage of your timing may vary)
- Serve with a little vanilla ice cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar on top.
For a darker result use a dark brown sugar which is rich in molasses.