This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
When it gets cold in the winter time, I love a big mug of Hot Chocolate. And since it’s the holidays, I’m all about cookies. This year instead of making one or the other, you can make Hot Chocolate Mug Cookies and even share them with a friend or loved one. This treat is designed for sharing, and sure to please, so lets get micro-baking!
How to make a Hot Chocolate Cookie in a mug
My Hot Chocolate Mug Cookies are really the best of both of these treats. Think chocolate cookie meets melted foamy marshmallows. Leave the store bought cookies where they are, and surprise that special person in your life with this perfect treat. Combine a few ingredients you most likely already have, to create the chocolate cookie part of this mug cookie. Then, just as with hot chocolate, top this mug cookie with mini marshmallows and microwave for just one minute.
Do marshmallow melt in the microwave?
The best part of this Hot Chocolate Cookie in a mug is obviously the generous amount of melted toasted marshmallows that top the whole thing off. Marshmallows melt perfectly in the microwave creating that warm fluffy marshmallow fluff texture we all know and love in a hot chocolate.
You will not believe how good these Hot Chocolate Mug Cookies are and the best part is that this recipe is designed for sharing. This is the perfect little dessert to end any holiday celebration so I can’t wait for you to give it a try!
Get two more Christmas Mug Cookies including Mug Sugar Cookies and Gingerbread Mug Cookies. And have you seen my Holiday Baking Headquarters page? You’ll find every recipe you could possibly need for the holidays including Christmas Cookies, edible gifts and my best holiday baking tips!
If you like hot chocolate you’ll love these recipes!
- Homemade Marshmallows in 3 amazing Flavors
- Gemma’s Best Ever Hot Chocolate
- How to Make Marshmallow Fluff
Follow Bigger Bolder Baking on Pinterest for more recipes and ideas!
Watch The Recipe Video!
Hot Chocolate Mug Cookie for Two Recipe
- 2 tablespoon (1oz/ 30g) butter
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon flour
- pinch of salt
- Mini Marshmallows
- Place butter in the mug and melt in microwave (about 30 seconds).
- Add both sugars and stir together.
- Add the egg yolks, mixing thoroughly.
- Add flour, salt and cocoa powder and stir until combined.
- Divide the mix between two mugs.
- Cook in the microwave separately for about 45 seconds - 1 minute. (This timing is based on my 1200W microwave so check the wattage of your timing may vary)
- Serve with a few marshmallows on top and enjoy! (if you pop them in the microwave for 15 seconds they puff up 🙂