This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
Halloween is the time we get to put our skills to the test, both for baking and creativity. I’m going to show you how to easily decorate cupcakes for your Halloween parties.
The base of theses spooky treats is my Master Recipe for Pumpkin Cupcakes. They are incredibly moist and easy to make. Do not worry if you don’t have access to tinned pumpkin because I have an easy recipe so you can make your own Pumpkin Puree.
In preparation for Halloween feel free to make the cupcakes in advance and freeze them until needed. Halloween is a busy time so I like to keep things simple. I apply the same rules to my decorating. With a few simple techniques you can transform these plain cupcakes into show stopping Halloween Cupcakes.
Rather than just decorate the top of the cupcakes I went whole hog and removed the paper and decorated them all over. They ended up like mini decorated cakes.
For the Ghost I laid over a circle of fondant. It just took minimal decorating to transform them. Watch the video above for the step by step decorating tutorial.
Watch The Recipe Video!
Pumpkin Cupcakes for Halloween
- Preheat oven to 375oF / 190oC
- Combine the pumpkin, eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar.
- Stir together the remaining ingredients and add to the pumpkin mixture, mixing just until blended. Bake in a muffin tin for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave to cool.
- To decorate: Watch the video for the step by step decorating tutorial. It is easy to follow and fun to recreate.
- Once decorated store in the fridge for up to 4 days.