Hi Bold Bakers!
This little unassuming Mug Cake is about to blow your socks off! Bold words, right? Well this is a Big & Bold Microwave Sticky Toffee Pudding that takes just 1 minute to make in the microwave!
I’m a huge fan of Sticky Toffee Pudding and if there is an opportunity for me to make and eat it even faster then I’m all for it. The toffee flavor actually comes from dates in the cake (aka Sticky Date Pudding). It’s moist and decadent and a real treat for those days when you just deserve to treat yourself, you know the ones.
If you love sweets but don’t have time to bake, then mug cakes are going to be your best friend.
What I love about Mug Cakes is sometimes you only have a scoop of flour left and 1 egg in the fridge…
Well that’s all you need for Mug Cakes. A few ingredients and a couple of minutes of your time and the possibilties are endless.
A bonus with Mug Cakes is the portion control, which I don’t have much of when it comes to my desserts.
Get almost 100 more Mug Recipes on my Gemma’s Mug Meals Collection page.
- 10 small dates , roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hot water
- ⅛ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ tablespoons (¾ oz/ 22g) butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons self - raising flour*
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/2 tablespoons walnuts , roughly chopped (optional)
- In a microwavable mug, place the chopped dates, baking soda and water.
- Place in microwave for 50 seconds until the dates are softened.
- Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Stir in the sugar, flour and egg to the mug until combined. Add in walnuts now if you like them.
- Place in the microwave for 1 minute- 1 minutes 15 seconds. When it is firm to the touch on top it is done. (This timing is based on my 1200W microwave so yours might vary)
- Drizzle caramel sauce over the sticky toffee cake and enjoy!
⅛ of a tsp can be measured easily by 1/2 a ¼ teaspoon
Self raising: make your own self raising flour by mixing 1 cup (8oz/225g) all purpose flour with 2 teaspoons of baking powder. sift together and use.
WW SmartPoints: 28
WW PointsPlus: 16
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
3 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.