Hi Bold Bakers!
SpaghettiOs are a staple in a lot of homes that have children big and small. Personally I loved them growing up and I still do. Usually you buy tinned food becasue it’s convenient but what could more convenient than making it in the microwave faster than you can go to the store.
Homemade SpaghettiOs make a great on-the-go lunch. What I like to do is put them hot into a clean coffee or soup canister. Then you can take it with you to work or school and you will have a hot lunch waiting for you. Or if you are like me it will be gone by 11am. Also feel free to multiply the recipe to have some leftovers for dinner as well.
Mug Meals are so much more than just a few ingredients heated in a mug. They are real meals made with great ingredients and you can get incredibly creative like my Breakfast Cookie in a Mug, 1 Minute Cheddar & Herb Biscuit in a Mug, Chicken Pie in a Mug, and even my 1 Minute Sticky Toffee Pudding.
SpaghettiOs can be made at home with just a few simple household ingredients.
I guarantee you can make this faster and have it eaten by the time you would have made it to the shop to buy some.
Nutritional Value along with Weight Watchers Points can be found in the written recipe below.
- ⅓ cup (1 ½ oz/45g) pasta
- 1 cup (8oz / 230g) water, hot
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch)
- 4 tablespoons pasta sauce (tomato sauce)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large microwavable mug or large bowl add in the pasta and the water. You need a large mug as the water will boil up.
- Microwave for roughly another 3 ½ minutes or until tender. You want the pasta to be fully cooked. (timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary)
- Pour off the remaining cooking water.
- Stir in the cornstarch, tomato sauce and milk and microwave for a final 60 seconds or until the sauce thickens. The cornstarch is the thickener for the sauce.
- Stir well, season with salt and pepper and enjoy.
Always keep a close eye on your mug while in the microwave so it doesn’t over flow or over cook.
WW SmartPoints: 6
WW PointsPlus: 3
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
3 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.