Save favorite recipes & more!

Cucumber Homemade Ice (Cream)?

Home Discussion Boards TWO INGREDIENT, NO MACHINE ICE CREAM Cucumber Homemade Ice (Cream)?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kilroyscarnival 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

lairylllue1997
    Participant

Hi Gemma! I’ve watched your ice cream episode and I’d like to ask how to mix blended-cucumber(just like juice) to my ice cream base. I’ve tried making cucumber homemade ice cream several times but the texture turns out to be just like ice. I think this is because the mixture turns into very liquid. How do I do it right? By the way, I use all-purpose cream for my whipped cream because its cheaper. 🙂 I love your recipes Gemma <3 and love from the Philippines! :D

kilroyscarnival
    Participant

Hi! The idea of cucumber ice cream sounds interesting! I was just thinking about making a cucumber fruit ice, what we in the US refer to as Italian Ice, with cucumber flavor. Cucumber is such a mild flavor and like watermelon, it’s mostly water. I’m wondering whether the flavor can be concentrated? If we took cucumbers, pureed them, then strained the liquid and concentrated it very slowly with very low heat, would it concentrate the flavor? I may have to try this sometime. I searched the web, and mostly I’m seeing cucumber extract in a glycerin base for cosmetic, not culinary, use. – Ann

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest