This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
Are you ready for a truly Bold ice cream flavor! I am beyond excited about this recipe as it is super close to my heart! Anyone who has followed me for a while now knows how much I adore a classic Banoffee Pie. For those of you who have never had the pleasure of trying a Banoffee Pie, it’s an English dessert made from bananas, toffee and whipped cream! If you’ve never had it, I suggest you drop literally whatever you are doing, watch my Banoffee Pie recipe video and head straight into your kitchen and make it. Or, just whip up this Banoffee Ice Cream!
First off, have you tried my Two Ingredient, Homemade Ice Cream without a Machine recipe? You simply whip up cream and condensed milk to create this amazing ice cream base without the need for an ice cream machine. You know that saying, “If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is…?” Well, in this case, it is that simple and it tastes that good. I have made almost 100 flavors from this two ingredient base including Lemon Meringue Pie, Mint Chocolate Chip and even my favorite flavors of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream. You can probably tell by now that is a very versatile Ice Cream.
My Banoffee Ice Cream takes the main components of the British dessert and streaks them through my rich and creamy two ingredient ice cream base. The banana flavor comes from ripe mashed bananas mixed throughout the ice cream base. The “crust” of this pie is perfectly represented by crumbled digestive biscuits, my favorite british biscuits which are traditionally an oaty cookie dipped in chocolate and served with afternoon tea. Last but certainly not least, I swirl in my buttery and sweet home made toffee sauce. Talk about decadent! Some flavor combinations really are perfect and this one of them. I cannot wait for you to dive into this ice cream. I’m warning you it will mostly likely be gone in about as much time as it takes you to make it!
Get even more No Machine Homemade Ice Cream recipes from around the world including Neapolitan, Tiramisu, Green Tea and Kulfi Indian Ice Cream.
Watch The Recipe Video!
Banoffee Pie Ice Cream (No Machine)
- Place sweetened condensed milk in the fridge to keep cold.
- Beat cold heavy cream on medium in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or using a hand mixer) until stiff peaks form.
- Turn down the speed a little and pour the condensed milkinto the whipped cream. (Stir in vanilla extract now if desired).
- Then, turn up the machine speed again and whip until your mixture is thick and to stiff peaks.
- Now you have your ice cream base add in your mashed banana and digestive cookies. Then drizzle over thetoffee sauce and fold just a few times to create lovely streaks of toffee throughout.
- Transfer your ice cream to a large resealable container and freeze at least 6 hours or overnight before scooping and serving.