My Best Ever Blondies recipe goes for the gold with indulgent butterscotch and chewy, brownie-like texture.
Hi Bold Bakers!
I have a secret… Although I don’t often admit it, I actually prefer butterscotch to chocolate. I know all of you chocolate-loving Bold Bakers are thinking no way, lady – well, my Best Ever Blondie Recipe might just convert you. Decadent, chewy butterscotch makes this hands-down the best blondies recipe.
What is the Difference Between a Blondie and a Brownie?
If you’ve never tasted one before you might be asking what is a blondie and how is it different than a brownie. Well, it’s really simple and it’s pretty genius. A blondie is a fudgy baked bar with the same textural elements of a brownie. Brownies are balanced with a magic ratio of oil, sugar, flour, chocolate, and eggs. A bit of flour, rich eggs, and sweet sugar provide brownies with moisture and allow them to cook without being “set” entirely. These elements form that unmistakable fudge center and can be found in a blondie as well. While a brownie uses dark chocolate to flavor the batter, blondies get their blonde color and butterscotch flavor from caramel-like brown sugar, aromatic vanilla extract, and rich white chocolate. The result is a unique caramel flavor and brownie texture, hence “blonde brownies” or blondies.
How Do You Make a Blondie?
What makes this one of my best desserts is not just the taste but the simplicity of its process. This blonde brownie recipe is a foolproof, one-bowl recipe that can be made in under 15 minutes. Because this blondie recipe is made with such simple baking ingredients, it’s the kind of treat that can be made at the drop of a hat. I love to make these blondies for all kinds of occasions but I am known to make them for no reason at all. For your blondies, start by mixing together melted butter and brown sugar. After that, crack in your eggs and be generous with your vanilla. Then, fold in the flour and the white chocolate chips. That’s it! After baking in the oven for 30 minutes, your blondies will come out golden brown on top and thick and chewy in the center. Chocoholics, prepare to swoon. You are about to have a new favorite dessert!
How to Make Brown Sugar
Should you be unable to find brown sugar in your country, be sure to check out my homemade brown sugar recipe. With just two ingredients, throwing together your own brown sugar is simple. I personally love to make my own basic ingredients as it means I never run out of building blocks for a great dessert.
What Can I Add to Blondies?
I love the flavor of these so much that I don’t really think they need anything else. That being said, feel free to add your favorite nuts and toppings to take these blondies above and beyond.
Check out these recipes for more Big and Bold flavor:
- 1 cup (8oz/225g) butter, melted
- 2 cups (12oz/340g)brown sugar
- 2 eggs , room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (10oz/284g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 11/2 cups (9oz/255g) white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350oF (180oC). Butter and line an 8 x 8 inch tin with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 25-30 seconds or in a pot on the stovetop.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar.
- Make sure that the mixture isn't hot, then stir in the egg and vanilla.
- Using a spatula, mix in the flour and salt. Once the batter is evenly combined fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter into your lined tin, and bake for roughly 30 minutes, until the top is golden brown, and the middle is just set. To achieve the perfect blondie on the inside you want to make sure you bake then for just the right amount of time and don't over bake them.
- Allow the blondies to completely cool in the tin before removing from the parchment paper and cutting.
- Cut the blondies into 9 squares and enjoy warm preferably. Cover and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
14 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.