Hi Bold Bakers!
Heading into the holidays, Baking Season is in full swing! At the top of your dessert list will be my Best Ever Pecan Pie. After the success of my Best Ever Brownies and Best Ever Banana Bread, I’ve decided to celebrate my favorite time of year with the recipe for my very Best Ever Pecan Pie!
To be honest with you, pie itself is not my favorite thing to bake! That said, this Best Ever Pecan Pie is in a league of its own. With a flaky, buttery crust, toasted pecans, and a caramel custard-like center…get ready for a real treat. Whether you’re a chocoholic, cookie monster, cake lover or ice cream fiend, I bet you can always go for a big slice of warm homemade pecan pie. Add it to your list of favorites!
Lots of people I know have never made a Pecan Pie, most have bought it from the store, thinking it can not be improved upon. Well let this recipe for my Best Ever Pecan Pie be the proof that homemade makes all the difference and is totally worth it!
This really is as simple as making my Homemade Pie Crust then filling it with a mixture of whole toasted pecans, egg, brown sugar and maple syrup. No corn starch or unnatural ingredients needed. This Best Ever Pecan Pie packs so much flavor and comfort while being so simple to make.
Whether it’s for Thanksgiving, Christmas or a special dinner party, this recipe for Best Ever Pecan Pie will become one of your go-to recipes. If this is something you’ve never made before, I promise, you will never buy another from the store again.
And if you love Pecan Pie but don’t want to make a whole one you have to try my Microwave Mug Pecan Pie version!
- 1 recipe pie crust
- 6 egg yolks
- ½ cup (5oz/150g) golden syrup (or maple syrup)
- ⅔ cup (4oz/120g) dark brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons (3oz/90g) butter, melted
- ¼ cup (2floz/60ml) cream
- 2 cups (10oz/300g) toasted pecans, chopped
- Grease 24cm pie tin. Prepare my master recipe for pie crust(shortcrust pastry). Roll it out and lay into the pie dish.
- Combine the egg yolks, syrup, sugar, butter and cream in a bowl. Add in the pecans and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the pecan mix into your pastry dish.
- Bake at 350oF (180oC) for 30 minutes or until the pie is a little wobbly in the middle.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. Store at room temperature for up to 4 days.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
5 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.