Hi Bold Bakers!
Cake Flour is used in cake making to yield you lovely soft cakes. I actually had never heard of Cake Flour until I moved to the U.S. I didn’t know it was a type of flour, and I sure didn’t know you could make your own. In this Bold Baking Basic, I’m going to show you how to make cake flour. You will get the same result as store bought, and you can make just as you need it. All you need is some all purpose flour and corn flour, that’s it!
Working as a professional chef I have learned a lot of tip and tricks over the years. Now I’m going to show you some Bold Baking Basics that will equip you with the tools and skills to be able to tackle any baking question in the kitchen.
This Cake Flour can be used in many of my Big & Bold recipes like my Vanilla Birthday Cake and much more.
- 1 Cup / 5oz / 150g all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of corn flour (corn starch)
- Remove 2 tablespoons from one level cup of all-purpose flour, then add 2 tablespoons of corn flour back in.
- Sift well together before using.
- Label an airtight container with the name and date so you remember what it is and when you made it. Use within 8 weeks.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.