This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
Some things are just meant to be, like Chocolate and Orange. Tangy citrus and rich chocolate really compliment each other as chocolate often has fruity notes that are enhanced by the flavor of fresh orange.
My microwave Chocolate and Orange Fudge is one of my favorite ways to combine these two flavors — perfect for the holidays or just because.
How to Make Orange Flavored Fudge
Besides how the flavors compliment one another, one of the best things about chocolate and orange fudge is that it’s so easy to make. To make this lovely flavor variation, you simply make my Microwave Fudge base, then add in fresh orange zest.
If you want to take it a step further, you can even add in orange liquor for that extra hit of citrus.
How Long Does Chocolate and Orange Fudge Last?
My Microwave Fudge is so great to make over the holidays, as it stores wonderfully in an airtight container on the kitchen counter for up to four weeks. I love to make a batch in advance and keep it handy all holiday season, this way chocolate and orange fudge is always waiting for me and I am never waiting for it.
Note: This fudge has the best flavor and texture when stored at room temperature.
Get My Other Fudge Recipes!
Don’t forget to follow Bigger Bolder Baking on Pinterest!
Watch The Recipe Video!
Chocolate and Orange Fudge
- Butter and line an 8X8 inch pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl add the chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and butter. Microwave for 2 minutes or until the chocolate is just melted. This timing is a based on my microwave which is 1200 Watts, so your cook time may very. (You can also make the fudge over a bain-marie)
- Once melted, stir to combine and whisk in the orange liquor and zest. Do not be tempted to over-mix the fudge as this can cause it to separate.
- Transfer the fudge to the prepared tin, smooth out the top then garnish more orange zest.
- Allow to set in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours to overnight.
- Remove from the fridge and cut into 16 squares. Cover and store in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks.