Hi Bold Bakers!
It’s pretty safe to say we have all heard of Matcha Green Tea. You may have seen this unusual ingredient used in my Starbucks Green Tea Frappuccino video or in your favorite Japanese restaurant. Matcha is a form of ground green tea laves, hence it’s pretty bright green color and fresh grassy flavor. This is an extremely popular flavor for so many reasons. Besides its lovely distinct flavor, Matcha is extremely good for you as it’s full or antioxidants and gives you loads of energy. This is why it’s the perfect substitute for your morning coffee!
If you’ve never had it before this is the prefect way to give it a try! All you have to do is add just 2 tablespoons of Matcha powder to my two ingredient ice cream base and like that you have Green Tea Ice Cream.
First off, have you tried my Two Ingredient, Homemade Ice Cream without a Machine recipe? You simply whip up cream and condensed milk to create this amazing ice cream base without the need for an ice cream machine. You know that saying, “If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is…?” Well, in this case, it is that simple and it tastes that good. I have made almost 100 flavors from this two ingredient base including Lemon Meringue Pie, Mint Chocolate Chip and even my favorite flavors of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream. You can probably tell by now that is a very versatile Ice Cream.
Green Tea Ice Cream is a great way to end a homemade Japanese inspired meal or perfection on its own as an afternoon treat. Below is my simple Green Tea Ice Cream recipe. I highly suggest you try this ice cream with a variety of toppings as Matcha lends itself to so many flavor combinations. I personally love Matcha and chocolate or Matcha and strawberry. Enjoy!
Get more No Machine Homemade Ice Cream flavors from around the world including Neapolitan, Tiramisu, Banoffee Pie and Kulfi Indian Ice Cream.
- 14 oz (1 Can/ 400ml) sweetened condensed milk (fat-free or regular) cold
- 2 cups (16oz/450 ml ) whipping cream, cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Matcha green tea powder
- ounces (1 Can/ 400ml) sweetened condensed milk (fat-free or regular) cold
- cups (16oz/450 ml ) whipping cream, cold
- teaspoons vanilla extract
- tablespoons Matcha green tea powder
- Place sweetened condensed milk in the fridge to keep cold.
- Beat cold heavy cream on medium in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or using a hand mixer) until stiff peaks form.
- Turn down the speed a little and pour the condensed milk into the whipped cream. (Stir in vanilla extract now if desired).
- Then, turn up the machine speed again and whip until your mixture is thick and to stiff peaks.
- Now that you have your ice cream base add in your Matcha green tea powder and mix on medium speed until the mixture is a neven mint green color.
- Transfer your ice cream to a large resealable container and freeze at least 6 hours or overnight before scooping and serving.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
3 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.