Hi Bold Bakers!
If you’ve ever made any of my Microwave Mug Meal recipes then you know I mean business! For dessert, these guys are tiny but mighty and are seriously delicious, super simple and crazy fast. From fun new flavors like my Rainbow Mug Cake to classic comforts like a 1 minute Red Velvet Mug Cake, I have you covered. The best part is that all of these desserts are made in 1 minute in your trusty microwave.
This recipe might sound too good to be true. It’s made with just 5 simple ingredients but this 1 Minute Chocolate and Banana High-Protein Mug Cake is irresistible! On top of this mug cake’s super chocolatey flavor and moist texture it’s actually healthy as the base of the cake is just mashed banana and egg. When you add banana, peanut butter and cocoa, it’s like something I might put in my morning smoothie but with just a few tweaks these ingredients are combine dinto a comforting baked good that requires no baking at all.
My 1 Minute Chocolate Banana Mug Cake is perfect for an afternoon snack or late night dessert. If you have a mug and a minute you can enjoy this Chocolate Banana Mug Cake. After one try you will be hooked!
Get almost 100 more Mug Recipes on Gemma’s Mug Meals Collection page!
- 1 medium ripe banana
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Mash the banana in a large mug with a fork.
- Add the nut butter and egg and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the sugar and cocoa and beat until smooth.
- Divide the batter between two mugs.
- Microwave separately for 1 minutes each until risen and firm. (every microwave is different so cooking may vary)
- Take care not to over cook or the cake will dry out fast.
- Best eaten straight away
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
8 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.