Make my Microwave Egg Mug Muffin recipe, a simple breakfast packed with protein to fuel your day that you can make in minutes!
Hi Bold Bakers!
Move over Egg McMuffin, there’s a new breakfast in town. This Breakfast muffin is real food… fast, NOT fast food. Made with good ingredients, my Microwave Egg MugMuffin will keep you going until lunch.
Do you have a small kitchen or no kitchen at all? Or do you want to control your portions? Then this Egg MugMuffin will work great for you. It takes just a few minutes to make, even less time to cook, and you get a perfect single-serving portion. They’re great when you need something simple but still homemade.
I have assembled a well-balanced collection of sweet and savory recipes from Breakfast to Dessert with enough variety that will keep your tastebuds happy and satisfied. If you like this recipe, you will love my other Microwave Mug Meals like Mug Lasagna, Loaded Baked Potato Soup in a Mug, Jelly Donut in a Mug and Chocolate Pudding in a Mug.
And for the first time, you’ll find the nutritional values, calories and Weight Watchers Points for each Mug Meal with the printable recipes on each of the recipe pages.
Microwave Mug Meals are so much more than just heating up a few ingredients in a mug.
Mug Meals are real food made with good ingredients that will fuel you throughout your day.
My Microwave Egg MugMuffin is a balanced breakfast packed with protein.
Mix it up the night before and cook it off fresh in the morning. It could not be easier, really!
Don’t Miss a NEW RECIPE! Sign up for my FREE Newsletter!
Learn how to make my Microwave Egg Mug Muffin, a simple breakfast packed with protein to fuel your day that you can make in minutes!
- 5 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda*
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil or melted butter
- 2 tablespoons egg
- 1 tablespoon grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon scallions , chopped
- 1 small egg
- In a large microwave safe mug mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt with a fork.
- Add in the milk, oil, egg, cheese and scallions and mix together until just combined.
- Make a well in the center of the batter with a spoon and crack in your egg into the center.
- Spoon the batter from the sides over the top of the egg. It’s a little tricky but you’ll get it.
- Place in the microwave and cook for 50 seconds- 1 minute 10 seconds. you will know when it is cooked because it will be firm to the touch on top . (Cooking time is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary) Always keep a close eye on your mug while in the microwave so it doesn’t over flow or over cook.
- Enjoy while warm
Watch the Recipe Video!
⅛ teaspoon is simply a ½ of a ¼ teaspoon
Each egg is roughly 4 tablespoons. Whisk up 1 eggs and take away 2 tablespoons
Cooking time will vary greatly depending on your microwave and the width and depth of the mug
You can bake them in the oven at 350F (180C) for roughly 10-12 minutes. However every mug is different so I advise checking on it after 10 and then make a call.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
16 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.