Hi Bold Bakers!
Imagine a baked potato with all the trimmings: bacon, cheese, and sour cream. Now imagine that as a delicious, creamy soup made in the microwave from start to finish in MINUTES! It’s a delicious soup that is guaranteed to warm you cockles and fill you up until dinner.
The great thing about Mug Meals is they just require a handful of ingredients. Use what you have in your fridge and freezer. If you don’t like bacon, add in corn instead. Customize this soup to suit. This Microwave Potato Soup takes just a few minutes to make, even less time to cook, and you get a perfect single-serving portion. They’re great when you need something simple but still homemade. And they can be made up the day before for even more convenience.
I created all-new Mug Meal recipes that will cover you for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and of course dessert. If you like this recipe you will love my recipe for Mug Lasagna, Microwave Egg MugMuffin, Jelly Donut in a Mug and Chocolate Pudding in a Mug.
And for the first time, you’ll find the nutritional values, calories and Weight Watchers Points for each Mug Meal with the printable recipes on each of the recipe pages.
Microwave Mug Meals are so much more than just heating up a few ingredients in a mug.
Customize your soup however you want! It’s like decorating your own baked potato.
My Mug Meals are so much better than fast food so I like to think of them as REAL FOOD…FAST!
- ¾ cup (6oz, 170g) water
- 3 tablespoons potatoes, in small cubes
- 1 tablespoon white onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon bacon, cooked
- 2 tsp cornflour (cornstarch)
- ½ cup (4oz, 115g) chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- ¼ cup (2oz, 56g) milk
- Salt & pepper
- Sour cream for garnish, optional
- Add your potatoes and water into a large microwaveable mug. Microwave for 3-4 min or until the potatoes are tender. Check on it half way through and stir
- Once cooked drain away the cooking water
- Into the potatoes stir in the bacon, cheese and onions and cornflour. The cornflour will thicken your soup.
- Stir in the stock and milk and season with salt and pepper
- Place in the microwave and cook for 2½ - 3 minutes or until it thickens and all of your ingredients have heated through. (Cooking time is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary) Always keep a close eye on your mug while in the microwave so it doesn’t over flow or over cook.
- Serve topped with sour cream and some more sprinkles of bacon and chives
Cut your potatoes small because they will cook faster
They can be mixed up in advance for an even speedier meal
Cooking time will vary greatly depending on your microwave and the width and depth of the mug
You can bake them in the oven at 350oF (180oC) for roughly 10-12 minutes. However every mug is different so I advise checking on it after 10 and then make a call.
Sign up for my FREE Newsletter so you don’t miss a recipe!
Be sure to check out my other Mug Cake, Cookies, Cheesecake & Breakfast recipes & videos:
- Original Microwave Mug Meals
- 5 Microwave Mug Breakfasts
- Chocolate Mug Cake Trio
- 1 Minute Mug Cake Celebration!
- Original 1 Minute Mug Cakes
- 1 Minute Mug Cakes Sequel
- 1 Minute Mug Cookies
- Microwave Mug Cheesecakes
- 3 Microwave Breakfasts in a Mug
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
2 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.