This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
Does this sound familiar? You get home late after a busy day and you’re craving something homemade and wholesome but you don’t really feel like making a mess in the kitchen. Behold, my Make Ahead Microwave Mug Chili!
You have all seen me make magic happen in a mug. From countless mug cakes in fun flavors like Red Velvet Mug Cake to my mug meals like Microwave Mug Pizza or Microwave Mug Ramen. Well now I’m taking my Mug Recipes to the next level by sharing how to make ahead meals like my Microwave Mug Chili.
This Make Ahead Microwave Mug Chili takes meal prep and makes it so simple while keeping all that Bold flavor. No more boring pre-cooked meats and sides in little containers, this Microwave Mug Chili is the real deal!
The container is small and the effort is low but this Microwave Mug Chili is loaded with protein, vegetables and most of all–flavor. Just a few tablespoons each of red beans, corn, carrot, onion and tomato are mixed up in a mug. Then I spice it up with classic chili flavor in the form of cumin and chili powder.
The best part is that’s all that’s to it. From here simply cover up your chili and pop it in the fridge. This chili can wait for you in the fridge for up to 3 days meaning meals in minutes all week is one hundred percent possible. This is one of my favorite quick lunches or dinners since after just 2 minutes in the microwave it’s time to dig in! This Make Ahead Microwave Mug Chili is a no brainer. I can’t wait for you to give it a try and feel free to customize it however you want.
Get almost 100 more Mug Recipes on Gemma’s Mug Meals Collection page!
Watch The Recipe Video!
Microwave Mug Chili Recipe
- 3 tablespoons red kidney beans
- 3 tablespoons corn
- 3 tablespoons carrots , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons onion , finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons canned tomato/ tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chili or tabasco sauce
- In a medium sized microwaveable mug, combine all of your ingredients.
- Cover with cling wrap and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- When ready to eat remove the cling wrap and microwave for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. This is just to heat through all ingredients.
- Serve topped with sour cream, avocado and chopped green onion.
- Enjoy with myMicrowave Mug Blondie for a sweet addition!