This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
As far as afternoon snacks go, a Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich has to be one of the most iconic. It’s probably because Peanut Butter and Jelly are staples in most cupboards. We are going to take this sandwich and make it Big & Bold by making it a Microwave Mug Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich. The result is a savory and sweet Mug recipe that will blow the original out of the water.
Try this Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich in a Mug with any flavor of nut butter or jam. They can be mixed up in advance for an even speedier meal. As an added bonus, it does not contain eggs for those of you who don’t eat eggs.
Microwave the Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich in a Mug until firm. It doesn’t take much time at all.
Cooking time given is based on my 1200W Panasonic Inverter Microwave so your timing might vary. I suggest checking it after 1 minute and go from there.
Get 100 more Mug Meal recipes on Gemma’s Mug Meals collection page.
Watch The Recipe Video!
Microwave Mug Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich (Microwave Mug Meals)
- Place butter into a microwavable mug and heat until just melted. (roughly 20 seconds)
- Add in the remaining ingredients; mix well with a fork until just combined
- Once the batter is mixed place the spoonful of jam down into the batter to get a jammy center
- Microwave for 45 seconds - 1 minute or until is firm on top. (Cooking time is based on my 1200W Panasonic Inverter Microwave so your timing might vary). Always keep a close eye on your mug while in the microwave so it doesn’t over flow or over cook.
- Let it cool or enjoy it straight away!