Hi Bold Bakers!
As much as I love baking up all kinds of treats sometimes I want a snack that is super easy. After sharing my recipe for Microwave Potato Chips you guys showed me that you love simple snacks too! Once I perfected the potato chip recipe I knew I had to do a follow up, another version with delicious Microwave Sweet Potato Chips!
My Microwave Sweet Potato Chips are unbelievable! This snack is both impressive and delicious. Your friends and family will not believe that you made these crispy chips at home and they will never know that you made them in minutes in the microwave! They are so crisp and crunchy and actually super healthy as they are made of just sweet potato and a touch of olive oil and salt.
I love the idea that any old day I could make homemade potato chips to go along with all kinds of dips and sandwiches. And of course, they are incredible to eat on their own. Depending on your taste feel free to toss these in whatever seasonings you like from garlic powder to cumin to just plain, these chips are addicting!
- 1 large sweet potato , rinsed and peeled
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Line a large microwave safe plate with parchment paper.
- Wash and dry your sweet potato then peel with a vegetable peeler.
- Using a sharp serrated knife cut the sweet potato into 1/8 of an inch thick rounds.
- Put your slices of sweet potato in a large bowl then add the oil and salt then toss to coat.
- Place sweet potatoes in a single layer on your plate. Microwave on medium power for 1 1/2 minutes then turn over and microwave for another 1 1/2 minutes. (if you have a particularly strong microwave cook at 45 second increments)
- If your chips are not crisp after the 3 minutes continue to microwave in 30 second increments until done.
- Repeat this step until all the chips are cooked. They should be dry and crispy when finished. Enjoy immediately or store in an air tight container for up to 2 days.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
3 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.