Hi Bold Bakers!
I am so excited to share this recipe for Microwave Sweet and Spicy Nuts with you. That’s right, the microwave! I know it sounds crazy but after making my Microwave Potato Chips you guys asked for more microwave snacks so I got right into the kitchen and started experimenting.
This recipe is a great one to keep in your back pocket. Whether it be for entertaing, afternoon snacking or your kid’s lunches, who doesn’t love delicious spiced mixed nuts? For those of you who didn’t know, you can toast nuts in the microwave! After a quick toast I add spices, honey and siracha and pop the nuts back in the microwave for just a few short minutes.
I love the balance between sweet honey and spicy sriracha. There is something so satisfying about a snack that is both sweet and savory. The finished mixed nuts taste just like they’ve been toasting up in the oven.
They are crunchy, sticky and golden brown, truly the perfect spiced mixed nuts. I love to give these as gifts or serve them with drinks and appetizers. No one would ever know they were made in minutes in the microwave. You must give this recipe a try!
- 2 cups (10oz/300g) mixed nuts of your choice
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- Put the nuts in a microwave safe blow and allow to "toast" in the microwave for 2 minutes. The nuts will not turn brown but they will smell nicely toasted.
- Next add all of the seasonings into your bowl and stir to combine.
- Microwave on high heat for 2½- 3 minutes in 30 second increments, stirring each time.
- Remove form the microwave and transfer the nuts to a baking tray lined with parchment. Allow to set and cool for 5-10 minutes then enjoy!
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
3 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.