This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
I know it sounds crazy but I love to get creative with my microwave. You guys have seen me work microwave magic with all kind of mug recipes from Mug Pizza to Mug Brownie but I bet you have never seen anything quite like this! These Microwave Kale Chips are a real game changer as far as microwave recipes go.
I have made over a hundred Microwave recipes both sweet and savory but I have to say these new microwave snack recipes might be my new favorite. These microwave kale chips are made with just 3 ingredients, take 3 short minutes and are super healthy. What more could you ask for from a snack?
This popular snack is high in fiber with no fat making it the perfect thing to eat if you’re trying to keep your snacks clean. I see these in all kinds of grocery stores but I so much prefer to make my own. These Microwave Kale Chips are a great way to use leftover kale and my favorite part is that this recipe allows for so much room to experiment. I like to add whatever seasoning I have around like chipotle powder, garlic powder or dry herbs! You must add these to your snack repertoire; they are a winner!
Watch The Recipe Video!
Microwave Kale Chips Recipe
- 1 bunch curly kale , ribs trimmed away and discarded and leaves torn into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Line a large microwave safe plate with parchment paper.
- Wash and thoroughly dry your kale.
- Tear your kale into roughly two inch pieces then toss the kale in olive oil and sea salt.
- Arrange on your plate and microwave for 3 - 3 1/2 minutes. If they are not super crisp continue to microwave in 30 second increments until the kale is crispy and crunchy.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an air tight container for up to 2 days.