This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
I could not be more proud to announce that this year I am the ambassador for Ghirardelli Chocolate! Cue the dance music, because this is really something to celebrate!
As Ghirardelli is my favorite brand of chocolate, this is a huge honor. And it’s all in celebration of Ghirardelli’s new Grand Chips, their largest chocolate chips ever. So, to properly kick off this partnership, I created what I call “Gemma’s Triple Grands” — and you are in for a real treat.
My brand new recipe is 3 of my favorite desserts all wrapped into one — cookies, cupcakes, and cheesecakes — and they feature Ghirardelli’s Grand Chips in all their glory.
What are Ghirardelli Grand Chips?
Ghirardelli has done it again taking their world-famous premium baking chocolate and making it into the largest chocolate chips available to buy. Ghirardelli Grand Chips are 2x the size of regular chocolate chips, and that means everyone gets a bigger chocolate bite per cookie.
Plus, Ghirardelli has also released their new Grand Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe so there’s just a whole lot to enjoy right now.
Why these are called Gemma’s “Triple Grands?”
How to make a cheesecake stuffed cookie cupcake
These impressive desserts are really straightforward to make. After I whip up Ghirardelli’s Grand Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, I press the cookie dough into the bottom on a cupcake tin. Once that’s done, I then spoon over a mixture of cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, and sugar.
All that’s left is to seal the cheesecake layer with another layer of the Ghirardelli’s Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie dough. After baking, these puff up to look like the perfect chocolate chip cookie cupcake. Once cooled and cut open these reveal the most perfect cheesecake center. Can you imagine a better combination? If so, let me know what other fillings you’d use in the comments below.
Other Recipes That Would Go Great With Ghirardelli’s Grand Chips!
And try my 5-Ingredient Flourless Brownie Roll featuring Ghirardelli Chocolate.
Don’t forget to follow Bigger Bolder Baking on Pinterest!
Watch The Recipe Video!
Gemma's Triple Grands (Cookie Cupcakes With Cheesecake Filling)
- 2 cups (10oz/284g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (6oz/170g) butter, melted
- 2/3 cup (4oz/115g) light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (2 ½ oz/71g) sugar
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk*, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups or 1 bag (11oz/312g) Ghirardelli Grand Chips
First Make the Triple Grand Cookie Dough:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C), then generously butter a 12 well cupcake tin. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the melted butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Mix for 2 minutes, scraping down the bowl as needed until combined.
- Add eggs* one at a time. Then add the vanilla.
- Next, add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix only until just combined.
- Lastly, fold in the Ghirardelli Grand chips and stir until incorporated.
- Cover and chill dough for 1 hour or up to overnight. This dough also freezes really well!
Make the Cream Cheese Filling:
- While the cookie dough is chilling, make the cream cheese filling: In a large bowl cream together the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth and there are no lumps.
- Add in the eggs* one at a time until incorporated.
- Lastly, mix in the sour cream and vanilla. Place in the fridge until needed.
Assemble the Triple grands:
- For each cupcake, scoop 1 heaped tablespoon of the chilled cookie dough and roll into a ball. Press the cookie dough balls into the shape of the cupcake pan to create a cup.
- In each cookie cup scoop 1 tablespoon of cheesecake mix, or ¾ way full. Don’t be tempted to over fill as it can leak out.
- Once the cupcakes are filled, scoop a level tablespoon cookie dough and press into a flat disc. Place it on top sealing in the filling
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the cupcake pan for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy as is! Store any leftovers in the fridge for 2 days.
- The eggs in the cookie dough recipe can be replaced with flax egg.
- The eggs in the cream cheese filling can be replaced with 2 tablespoons of corn starch.