Save favorite recipes & more!

Stand mixer?

Home Discussion Boards BAKING EQUIPMENT Stand mixer?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Serafina Serafina 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of kris
    kris
    Participant

Hi fellow Bold Bakers! <3

I’m looking to buy a stand mixer this fall. I’ve never had one before so I’m very excited!
    However, I don’t know what type to get. Any recommendations?

Profile photo of _E.mm.a_
    _E.mm.a_
    Participant

KitchenAid is really strong and durable. Expensive though but other’s that are good: Breville, Kenwood K, Cuisinart. Make sure you get a sturdy one made of metal (preferably)(no plastic) and get a metal or glass bowl.

Profile photo of BiggerBolderBaker03
    BiggerBolderBaker03
    Participant

I have a Kenwood and I think it is really good and also durable. you don’t have to get a really expensive one, a cheaper one is just as durable.

Profile photo of Serafina
    Serafina
    Participant

Hi Kris,
    If you haven’t already decided on a stand mixer brand I thought I’d give you some food for thought. I have a both the Breville and a KitchenAid semi-pro. I LOVE my Breville. Its wonderful for smaller, lighter jobs – ones that use between 500-750g of flour though I’d stick to the low end of that range. If it were a little bigger I would call it the perfect machine though I imagine not everyone wants to make their own granola bars. I make this heavy, sticky batter often so I opted for a KitchenAid semi-pro model. It does the job with the heavy batter better but the rest of it isn’t nearly as efficient, for example, using the dough hook bread doughs don’t come together as easily and quickly and I have to stop and scrape the bowl at least twice to help the machine along. Unlike the Breville attachments, however, all the KitchenAid ones are dishwasher safe. Hope this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest