Hi Bold Bakers! What is a Chocolate Salami? It’s a no-bake, Sweet Chocolate Biscuit Cake with rich chocolate, cookies, nuts & fruit, that’s made to look like a salami—no meat here, I promise. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup (8oz/225g) Butter
- 2 cups (12oz/340g) best-quality semisweet chocolate chips or grated chocolate
- 1/2 cups (4oz/115g) sugar
- ¼ cup (1oz/28g)pure cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 cups (9oz/225g) biscuits, crushed (graham crackers,digestive, gluten-free OK)
- ½ cup (21/2oz/71g) toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup (21/2oz/71g) toasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup (21/2oz/71g) cranberries (or raisin/ sultanas/cherries)
- 1 tblps grated orange zest (optional)
- 2 tablespoons dark rum , bourbon, orange liquoir (optional)
Melt the chocolate and butter in a large bowl, in the microwave or over a Bain-Marie on a very low flame, stirring until melted.
To you chocolate mix add in your sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract.
Add the crushed biscuits, toasted nuts, fruit and citrus zest. When crushing the biscuits leave some bits bigger and some bits crushed fine. It gives your salami good texture.
Mix all of these ingredients together.
Lay cling wrap on your surface. Take some of your mix and shape into a log and wrap tightly in plastic, securing the ends with twisters. You will get 3-4 logs. Refrigerate the for 3 hours or until firm.
To decorate like a salami toss it in icing sugar and wrap in twine like in the video. You can leave this step out of you want. It is just an added touch.
To serve, unwrap and slice as thick as you want with a serrated knife. The salami slices better when left out of the fridge for a while.
YOU CAN MAKE THIS 2 WEEKS IN ADVANCE.
KEEP IT REFRIGERATED AND WELL WRAPPED.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.