Hi Bold Bakers!
You guys already know that I hate to see anything go to waste! From using extra nuts and spices to making these Pecan Pie Truffles, to taking full advantage of that canned pumpkin puree with my Microwave Pumpkin Pie in a Mug, I find a way to use everything. My recipe for Sugar Cookie Truffles is no exception. After making my favorite easy Sugar Cookies, I always have leftover sugar cookie dough. Instead of letting the dough get lost in your freezer, bake up the extra, and transform it into these super impressive Christmas Sugar Cookie Truffles.
These Sugar Cookie Truffles are so pretty, your friends and family will think they took ages to make when really they come together in just minutes. The filling of these truffles is made of only 2 basic ingredients: Sugar cookies and cream cheese. The cream cheese helps to break down the cookies and turn the cookie crumbs into a sweet paste. A quick blitz in your food processor, or mix up in a bowl and most of the work is done. Roll the sugar cookie paste into a truffle sized ball, dip in melted white chocolate, and they are done! Since it is the holidays, I top these with red and green sprinkles making them so festive or you can use what you have to hand.
I love to serve these as part of a dessert spread or give them as a gift. There is really nothing like these homemade Sugar Cookie Truffles to remind us all that holiday treats don’t have to be fussy they just have to be fun!
Get more Holiday Cookies and baking tips and tricks at my Holiday Baking Headquarters page.
- 2 cups (6oz/170g)sugar cookie crumbs
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese , room temperature
- 2 cups (12oz/ 340g) white chocolate (chocolate bar not chips)
- Sprinkles for garnish
- Place sugar cookies in a food processor and process until cookies turn into fine crumbs. Add cream cheese and process again until well combined and mixture can be pressed into a ball. This should take 1 to 2 minutes.
- Shape cookies into balls about 1-inch to 1 1/2-inches in diameter. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer for 15 minutes, or the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- In medium bowl, melt white chocolate in the microwave for 1 1/2 -2 minutes in 30 second increments until fully melted.
- Remove the cookie truffles from refrigerator. Using a spoon or two forks, dip and roll chilled cookie truffle in the white chocolate. Return to lined cookie sheet and immediately top with sprinkles. Repeat process for remaining cookie truffles.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.