Hi Bold Bakers!
In an effort to make all bread-based baked goods more approachable I have for you one master dough recipe that can be transformed into a variety of different sweet and savory breads! It sounds crazy I know, hence the name Crazy Dough! But believe me it is 100% possible. This is a yeasted, no-knead bread dough that can be mixed up in one bowl. Even a novice baker can handle all of these breads.
You’ve already seen me transform my crazy dough into Sweet Nutella Braided Bread and a delicious Pizza. Now I’m taking it to the next level and simplifying classic Cinnamon Rolls. Cinnamon Rolls are by far one of my favorite baked goods to make at home. There is nothing that compares to the smell of fresh sweet bread and cinnamon throughout the house.
The usual technique used to make Cinnamon Rolls can be daunting and the time the dough takes to proof can feel like forever. But my Crazy Dough Cinnamon Rolls are just a few steps away.
After mixing up and proofing your crazy dough you simply roll it into a rectangle, generously spread it with cinnamon, brown sugar and butter. A quick roll then a slice and that is really all that’s to it.
While still warm the finished Cinnamon Rolls are completed with a thick coat of classic cream cheese glaze. Ooey gooy homemade cinnamon rolls are irresistible, especially when they can be made this easily.
Whether it be for breakfast or dessert you and your family will love these Crazy Dough Cinnamon Rolls. There is no reason to buy another store-bought cinnamon roll again!
Get more Crazy Dough Recipes!
- 1 batch crazy dough master recipe
- ½ cup (4oz/120g) butter, melted
- 1¼ cups ( 7 ½ oz /210g) light brown sugar
- 2½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Cream Cheese Glaze:
- ½ cup (4 oz/120g) Cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (4oz/120g) powdered sugar
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick/ 2oz) butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- After your crazy dough recipe has proofed prepare the filling:
- Combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Once the dough has proofed transfer to a floured work surface, and roll it into a rectangle approximately 20 inches x 16 inches. It will be long so you can always do it in 2 goes.
- Spread the filling over the dough, leaving a narrow margin around the edges uncovered.
- Starting with a long edge, gently roll the dough into a log. Don't roll it too tightly. If you do, the centers of the buns will pop up as they bake.
- Slice the rolls 2 inches thick and set them filling side up in a deep baking pan.
- (AT THIS POINT YOU CAN REFRIGERATE TO BAKE OFF THE FOLLOWING DAY IF YOU WISH)
- Cover the pan, and allow the rolls to rise until they're have grown into each other and are puffed up, about 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375oF/ 190oC. Uncover the pan and bake the buns for 40 to 45 minutes, until they're a deep golden brown.
- Rotate the tray during baking so they can get golden brown all over.
- While they are baking make your glaze: In a large bowl (or you can use a hand mixer) beat the cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla together with a whisk until well combined.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the rolls cool for 20 minutes. Once cooled remove from the pan and place on a cooling rack .
- Spread your cream cheese glaze generously over the cinnamon rolls. Enjoy immediately!
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
49 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.