Hi Bold Bakers!
I love treats that I can take on the go because I am always moving around. And that’s actually how I came up with my Green Smoothie Popsicles. Rather than make a fresh smoothie everyday, I started to make a bigger batch and freeze it in my popsicle molds. It’s perfectly portioned and guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth. And no, you can taste the spinach.
I love Popsicles because generally when it comes to desserts and baking you have to follow exact measurements and ingredients. Popsicles throw the rules out the window. It’s a lawless land of flavor where no rules apply. And the best thing is you still end up with a Popsicle that will look amazing and taste great too.
You can get really creative with these frozen treats and use any fruit or flavor you want! Check out what’s in your fruit bowl or in your freezer and I bet you will be able to come up with ingredients to make delicious Popsicles.
And if you are crazy for even more Big & Bold Popsicles click here.
With Popsicles you only need to put a small amount of fruit in to get a lot out. Layer and mix your popsicles any which way you like because remember there are no rules. The great thing is they freeze in around 5 hours and last for 8 weeks in the freezer wrapped up safe in a container or in cling wrap.
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup (5oz/142g) pineapple
- ½ cup (4floz/115g) orange juice
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- In a food processor or hand blender, puree the banana, pineapple and orange juice until smooth.
- Fill the mold ½ way with the fruit mix.
- Put the rest of the mix back on the blender, throw in your spinach and blend up until the spinach is pureed.
- Fill your popsicle mold with the rest of the fruit mix, giving you 2 colorful layers.
- Cover mold, add sticks and freeze for at least 5 hours or overnight. They will keep in the freezer for up to 8 weeks.
- TIP: Run the molds under warm water to loosen up the popsicles.
WW PlusPoints: 1
No added sugar needed because they are naturally sweet
Use fresh or frozen fruit that has been defrosted
Feel free to omit or add fruit
This popsicle is suitable for a Vegan and Dairy free Diet
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.