This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
If this is the only 1 of my 5 Fruit Popsicles you see today, I’m ok with that. These Watermelon Popsicles will be a showstopper this Summer!! Masquerading as a Watermelon, this popsicle actually contains 3 different types of fruit. If it looks this good, just imagine what it tastes like.
I love Popsicles because generally when it comes to desserts and baking you have to follow exact measurements and ingredients. Popsicles throw the rules out the window.
If you want results like this remember to freeze in between each layer for 30 minutes minimum, that’s how you get this clean, crisp look. It might seem like a labour of love but when you take them out of the molds later you will be amazed at how beautiful they turned out.
If you are crazy for even more Big & Bold Popsicles click here.
With Popsicles you only need to put a small amount of fruit in to get a lot out. Layer and mix your popsicles any which way you like because remember there are no rules. The great thing is they freeze in around 5 hours and last for 8 weeks in the freezer wrapped up safe in a container or in cling wrap.
- 2 cups (12oz/340g) Watermelon, diced
- 1 cup (5oz/142g) Strawberries
- 4 tablespoons chocolate chips , optional
- ½ cup (4floz/115g) coconut milk, regular or light
- 1 cup (5oz/142g) Kiwi, diced
- In a food processor or hand blender, puree the watermelon and strawberries until smooth and set aside.
- Puree the kiwi until smooth and set aside.
- In your mold, fill ⅔ way with your watermelon puree. Stir in the chocolate chips which will be the seeds in the watermelon. Freeze this layer for 30 minutes.
- For the next layer pour in a layer of coconut milk on top of the frozen watermelon, leaving room for the kiwi layer on top. Pop back in the freezer for another 30 minutes.
- Pour the pureed kiwi on top of the frozen coconut milk. Freezing in between layers gives you lovely clean layering.
- Cover mold, add sticks and freeze for at least 5 hours or overnight. They will keep in the freezer for up to 8 weeks.
- TIP: Run the molds under warm water to loosen up the popsicles.
WW PointsPlus: 3 No added sugar needed because they are naturally sweet Use fresh or frozen fruit that has been defrosted Feel free to omit or add fruit This popsicle is suitable for vegans if you omit the chocolate chips