Your #1 Online Baking Destination!

Homemade Raspberry Sorbet in 5 Minutes (No Machine)

Save Recipe

Hi Bold Bakers!

Raspberries are one of my favorite berries. They have such a beautiful color and feature all of that natural built in sweetness that truly makes them nature’s candy. With my Homemade Raspberry Sorbet you can dress it up but I think it is best solo so the wonderful raspberry flavor can speak for itself.

My Homemade Sorbet is made using the exact same logic and engineering as my 2 ingredient No Machine Ice Cream recipe. You need an ingredient (e.g. frozen fruit) to give you a thick base and you add liquid sugar (e.g. condensed milk) to help it freeze. So I thought, why can’t I apply my ice cream technique to a sorbet? Well, you can, I did, it works and it’s awesome!

By definition my recipe is technically more of a sherbet than a sorbet because it contains milk but personally I think it is more of a sorbet than anything.

Condensed Milk is an important ingredient in this recipe and can’t be left out. If you cannot buy it easily then I’ll do you one better and show you how you can make your own. The recipe is very simple and probably more cost effective than buying it in the store. You can find my Homemade Condensed Milk recipe here.

Although I use condensed milk this recipe can be made Vegan by using Dairy Free Condensed Milk. It’s simply made using coconut milk and sugar so this condensed milk is perfect for sorbet and also my Dairy Free Ice Cream recipe. If you do dairy free baking (or just like the taste of coconut) my Dairy Free Condensed Milk recipe is really handy to have a stash in the fridge and it stays fresh for weeks.

Want even more Sorbet flavors? Check out my Strawberry & Lime Sorbet, Mango & Passionfruit Sorbet, Cantaloupe & Mint Sorbet and Chocolate & Banana Sorbet.

Also, you can buy the same ice cream containers I use here on Amazon and check out a few of my favorite frozen treat accessories below.

Homemade Strawberry & Lime No Machine Sorbet, Homemade Mango & Passionfruit No Machine Sorbet, Homemade Raspberry No Machine Sorbet, Homemade Chocolate & Banana No Machine Sorbet,Homemade Cantaloupe & Mint No Machine Sorbet, Healthy, Healthy recipes, Healthy baking, Healthy desserts, healthy frozen yogurt, healthy frozen desserts, gluten free recipes, gluten free dessert, no ice cream machine, no churn sorbet, Recipes, baking recipes, dessert, desserts recipes, desserts, cheap recipes, easy desserts, quick easy desserts, best desserts, best ever desserts, how to make, how to bake, cheap desserts, affordable recipes, Gemma Stafford, Bigger Bolder Baking, bold baking, bold bakers, bold recipes, bold desserts, desserts to make, quick recipes Homemade Strawberry & Lime No Machine Sorbet, Homemade Mango & Passionfruit No Machine Sorbet, Homemade Raspberry No Machine Sorbet, Homemade Chocolate & Banana No Machine Sorbet,Homemade Cantaloupe & Mint No Machine Sorbet, Healthy, Healthy recipes, Healthy baking, Healthy desserts, healthy frozen yogurt, healthy frozen desserts, gluten free recipes, gluten free dessert, no ice cream machine, no churn sorbet, Recipes, baking recipes, dessert, desserts recipes, desserts, cheap recipes, easy desserts, quick easy desserts, best desserts, best ever desserts, how to make, how to bake, cheap desserts, affordable recipes, Gemma Stafford, Bigger Bolder Baking, bold baking, bold bakers, bold recipes, bold desserts, desserts to make, quick recipes Homemade Strawberry & Lime No Machine Sorbet, Homemade Mango & Passionfruit No Machine Sorbet, Homemade Raspberry No Machine Sorbet, Homemade Chocolate & Banana No Machine Sorbet,Homemade Cantaloupe & Mint No Machine Sorbet, Healthy, Healthy recipes, Healthy baking, Healthy desserts, healthy frozen yogurt, healthy frozen desserts, gluten free recipes, gluten free dessert, no ice cream machine, no churn sorbet, Recipes, baking recipes, dessert, desserts recipes, desserts, cheap recipes, easy desserts, quick easy desserts, best desserts, best ever desserts, how to make, how to bake, cheap desserts, affordable recipes, Gemma Stafford, Bigger Bolder Baking, bold baking, bold bakers, bold recipes, bold desserts, desserts to make, quick recipes

4.31 from 42 votes
Homemade Raspberry Sorbet in 5 Minutes (No Machine)
Prep Time
5 mins
Total Time
5 mins

Servings: 4 servings
Calories: 108 kcal
Author: Gemma Stafford
Ingredients
  • 3 cups (15oz/390g) raspberries, frozen
  • ¼ cup (70g/2 ½ oz) fat-free condensed milk
Instructions
  1. Combine the berries and the condensed milk in a food processor or powerful blender and process until smooth and creamy.
  2. Transfer to a freezable container and let it firm up for about 4 hours to be able to scoop
  3. Keep in the freezer for up to 6 weeks.
Recipe Notes

SmartPoints: 5
PointsPlus: 3

Nutrition Facts
Homemade Raspberry Sorbet in 5 Minutes (No Machine)
Amount Per Serving (1 g)
Calories 108 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1g 2%
Sodium 28mg 1%
Total Carbohydrates 25g 8%
Dietary Fiber 7g 28%
Sugars 17g
Protein 4g 8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE

5 Images
Submit Your Photos
gdgagnon
Witchescastle
Datalore Anderson
Vickie Fish
Sunny Days
mug_logo_150
Katherine Cowgill by Teren Oddo Oct. 2015

Meet Gemma

Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!

Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.

And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.

190 Comments

Write a Comment and Review

1. Arno on June 18, 2017 at 12:12 pm

Hey Gemma!

I followed the recipe, but when i took it out of the freezer after 4 hours it was hard as stone. Is this normal or did I do something wrong?

• Gemma Stafford on June 19, 2017 at 3:26 am

Hi there,
      If the raspberries were frozen when you added them it should not freeze rock hard. The higher the content of water in the fruit the harder it will freeze. The frozen fruit suspends the ice, and will make this softer. Stand at roon temperature for 15 mins or so to allow it to soften up. I hope this helps,

2. Brad Wilson, Johannesburg, South Africa on May 3, 2017 at 6:55 am

Hello Jemma. Boy, am I glad I discovered your cooking site while searching for a “dolce de leche” recipe. With your sorbet recipe here, I’d like to use frozen paw-paw (as it’s called in South Africa and Australia). It’s similar to Papaya but very tart. In fact, it can sometimes be a little bitter. With fruits that are very tart, might we add a touch more condensed milk (perhaps a third of a cup)?

• Gemma Stafford on May 4, 2017 at 2:15 am

Hi there,
      Yes, i think that would be in order Brad. What I would do though is try it the straight way first, freeze it before you taste it as it tends to knock back the sweetness.
      How lucky you are to have these wonderful fruits available to you, natures candy!

• Brad Wilson, Johannesburg, South Africa on May 5, 2017 at 3:24 am

Thanks Gemma. Admittedly, I am very grateful to live in a country where literally every fruit in existence is grown. I tried the recipe as discussed and boy was I gobsmacked. Thanks for the advice!! The paw-paw sorbet was a great success. After discovering how easy it was to make and, after being blown away by the taste, I went a bit overboard and made a few more. Pears, jackfruit, pineapples and mangoes are all in-season (or nearing season end) on this side of the globe. I made a wonderful pear and jackfruit sorbet, then did a plain mango and vanilla one (awesome combination), followed by my ultimate favourite, and which I am sure I will be asked to make time and time again –
        pineapple and ginger. All I did was add a knob of fresh ginger to the puree. It lifted that sorbet to new heights!! Thanks again for your artistic creations which are, admittedly, incredibly inspiring!!! I look forward to your weekly releases.

• Gemma Stafford on May 6, 2017 at 1:42 am

Hi Bradley,
          I would never think of ginger and pineapple, but when I think about it things that grow well together, in the same climate, usually eat well together too!
          I am going to try this one, thank you,

• Tina on June 21, 2017 at 11:57 pm

What exactly is jackfruit and can we get it here in the states (Pacific Northwest)

• Gemma Stafford on June 22, 2017 at 1:24 am

Hi Tina,
              This fruit is native to India and South East Asia. It is a fruit which divides opinion, having a very unusual taste. People who love it love it!
              It is not available generally here in the US, but you may find it in ethnic food stores, if so try it!

3. Danibg131 on April 28, 2017 at 12:51 am

Also is it just for health reasons that you use the fat free condensed milk in the recipes?

• Gemma Stafford on April 29, 2017 at 3:11 am

Hi there,
      you cna condense any milk really! think about it like this, you are evaporating the water from the milk, and creating a thickened residue using sugars. If you take it a step too far you will have caramel (Dulce De Leche).
      The reason for the fat free condensed milk has more to do with this recipe being a sorbet, rather than a sherbet. A traditional sorbet uses a churn, and would not use milk. The milk in this recipe allows it to be made without churning. If oyu like you can of course use a full fat condensed milk for this,

4. Danibg131 on April 28, 2017 at 12:49 am

Can you make condensed milk using lactaid or the lactose free milk?

5. Tara on April 13, 2017 at 8:24 pm

Hi Gemma I was just woundering what are the measurements for this raspberry sorbet is

• Gemma Stafford on April 14, 2017 at 3:44 am

Tara, this is written in the recipe (3 cups (15oz/390g) raspberries, frozen
      ¼ cup (70g/2 ½ oz) fat-free condensed milk)
      Scroll down the page to find it,

6. Wayne on April 9, 2017 at 7:33 pm

Hi Gemma:
    I’m looking forward to making the raspberry sorbet for an upcoming family dinner. Everyone loves the ice cream that I make but I’d like to change it up a bit and serve a sorbet. I think it will go better with the carrot cake I’m making. My conundrum is that there could be up to 12 people. Should I follow the recipe and repeat it 3 times or can it be tripled?
    Thanks for your time.

• Gemma Stafford on April 10, 2017 at 2:53 am

H Wayne,
      You can multiply this up, there should not be an issue. Be careful with the measurement of the fruit, raspberries can be very full of ‘water’ and this may be a problem with ice crystals. Go slightly under the measurement, rather than over, for the fruit,

7. Carla on April 9, 2017 at 1:15 am

Hi Gemma,
    I was just wondering if this recipe would work with caramel. If so how would it be done?

• Gemma Stafford on April 9, 2017 at 4:04 am

Hi Carla,
      Yes! but you will caramelize the condensed milk! Check out the post here for Dulce De Leche, then have fun with it! Delicious with banana too,

8. Lamya on December 24, 2016 at 3:03 pm

Hi Gemma.

I really enjoy your recipes and I love watching your videos. I was just wondering I really like tart and sour more then sweet and I was wondering if I were to add really sour raspberries and the sweetened condensed milk would the sorbet be to sweet. I was also wondering how would I make a lemon sorbet would I use only the lemon zest.
    Xoxo Lamya

• Gemma Stafford on December 26, 2016 at 7:21 am

hi Lamya,
      This is a difficult one! Condensed milk is sweet, of necessity, it will not condense without the sugars.
      The method here is a simple recipe, and it depends on the condensed milk.
      Traditional sorbets require a churn, or at least to be mixed during the freezing process, this is a diiferent thing, and ideal for lemon and citrus sorbet. The high liquid content of these fruits make them produce crystals if they are not churned. I demonstrated this in my classes with Craftsy.com. May I suggest that you do a little research on traditional sorbet making, this will teach you what you need to know!

9. Lindsey on December 8, 2016 at 1:57 pm

Hey Jejna, it’s me again. I was wondering what the serving size is? Please answer me at your earliest convenience. Also, just a note, the fried broccoli was just majestic when it touched my taste buds. To be frank, I think this is the best recipe I have ever conceived in my kitchen. My kids were so pleased, you’ve changed my life, and my cooking experience forever. Hugs and Kisses!!

• Gemma Stafford on December 13, 2016 at 4:05 am

Hi there Lindsey,
      The combined in gredients are a little over 1lb in weight, about 1 pint really, serving size depends on your taste! Easily 4 servings though,

10. Deborah GALIMIDI on November 15, 2016 at 10:28 am

Hi if I want to make this recipe with 24 oz strawberry frozen how much condensed milk do I put

• Gemma Stafford on November 16, 2016 at 2:32 am

Keep this the same, it is a small enough adjustment, but if you are happier to do this remove one tablespoon of the condensed milk, Gemma 🙂

11. Ljanne on November 11, 2016 at 12:16 am

Love your sorbet recipes! Tried it using a blender with seedless grapes. First attempt: it was liquidy & it crystallized but still tasted yummy though. Second try: followed the measurements this time and added apples+lime zest. Texture was finer but still a bit liquidy. But the taste was much better than the first. Was it because of the grapes? Too watery?Any suggestion how to get that thick creamy texture?
    Thanks a lot and looking forward to more mouth watering recipes. 🙂

• Gemma Stafford on November 11, 2016 at 3:07 am

This method is designed to be used with fleshy fruits, which have been frozen. this eliminates the crystal problem. Watery fruits need a different traditional method, Gemma 🙂

12. sarahnb on October 12, 2016 at 4:55 am

Hi Gemma 🙂
    Is it okay to use regular blender for the sorbet/ice cream?

• Gemma Stafford on October 13, 2016 at 1:33 am

Hi there, it is about the volume of the ingredients. the sorbet ones may fit in the blender, but the ice cream will not work 🙂

13. Wahy on September 22, 2016 at 12:28 am

Hi Gemma!
    Pls advise how best to make dairy free icecream with readily available ingredients. ..no churn.

Love ur recipes!!

• Gemma Stafford on September 22, 2016 at 12:55 am

The problem here is that ice cream is a dairy treat, unless it is sorbet! Churning breaks down ice crystals to provide a creamy finish to a frozen dessert. Ice crystals form when the ‘water’ content of the ingredients is high. This is why my ice cream works, there is little or no water content in the two ingredients. I presented a series of classes on Craftsy.com which runs through all sorts of frozen treats, there is a link to this here on the website. 🙂

14. Lilian Franco on September 12, 2016 at 5:48 pm

Hey Gemma, your recipes are amazing. I’m from Brazil and I live in a tiny town in an isolated area here in brazil, but we have a lot of tropical fruits and I started to try them with your sorbet techniques…oh mango with lemon it’s perfect! I’ll let you know diferents tastes I’ll make. I’ve try your strawberries with lime and bananas and chocolate and they are simply mind blowing. Thanks. (Your homemade ingredientes recipes are saving my life here as I can’t buy a lot of them here – because they not sell) I really appreciate.

• Gemma Stafford on September 13, 2016 at 1:42 am

Hi Lilian, it is so nice to have you with us. I can only imagine how beautiful your country is, and i am jealous of all your lovely tropical fruits. good job you for using them to invent your own recipes, that is the idea, take these and make them your own, thank you for being in touch, Gemma 🙂

15. Lizzy B on September 3, 2016 at 4:08 am

Gemma – can you confirm the ratio of ingredients. 3 cups fruit to 1/4 cup milk is 12-1. But in Oz or grand it’s 6-1.
    Thx

• Gemma Stafford on September 4, 2016 at 5:29 am

Lizzy, use one measurement or the other, do not mix imperial and metric measurements, I am confused by your confusion, if you know what I mean! 🙂

16. Sarah on August 27, 2016 at 8:56 am

Hi !

Thanks for this a,azing recipe . Could you please tell me if I can make this with 3 cups of frozen peaches instead of 3 cups of raspberries? I love peaches and I have many at hand right now . I would love to have a cool peach dessert . Thankyou !

• Gemma Stafford on August 28, 2016 at 2:38 am

Lucky you Sarah, yes, do try this out, it will be delicious,

• Sarah on August 29, 2016 at 7:19 pm

Thanks for your reply ! Can you please suggest me a good combination to add to my peach sorbet ? Thanks

• Gemma Stafford on August 30, 2016 at 2:13 am

Hi Sarah,
          3 cups (15oz/390g) mango, frozen
          ¼ cup (70g/2 ½ oz) fat-free condensed milk
          1 passionfruit
          This is the Mango one – you could follow the proportions here.

• Sarah on August 30, 2016 at 2:23 am

Hi !
            Thanks for the proportions . But what I meant was that could you suggest me a good flavour combination to go with peaches ? I want to add something else in my peach sorbet .
            Thanks

• Gemma Stafford on August 30, 2016 at 2:43 am

Hi there,
              That is why I said passion fruit! You could also try the grated zest of an orange, this would be a good counter-point to the sweetness. Do wash the skin well before you zest,

17. sarah on August 22, 2016 at 10:32 pm

hi gemma,
    how will i be able to add yoghurt in this recipe.

• Gemma Stafford on August 23, 2016 at 1:24 am

Hi Sarah,
      Check out the frozen yogurt recipes here on the website,

18. Erica on August 5, 2016 at 11:31 pm

Hi Gemma. I was wondering if I can make the raspberry sorbet dairy free with the condensed coconut milk? And if so is it the same amounts as the regular recipe for your raspberry sorbet? Or are there differant amounts of coconut milk then regular condensed milk?? Also I want my sorbet to be tart and sour, are there any extra steps to do to make that happen?? I CANT WAIT TO MAKE MINE!!!!! ?✨?

• Gemma Stafford on August 6, 2016 at 2:03 am

Hi Erica,
      Do try this with the non dairy alternatives. you can add lemon juice, lime juice or orange juice to add tartness. You can also add the finely grated rind of citrus, from well washed fruit. experiment!,

19. Sumayyah on July 28, 2016 at 4:29 am

Thank you so much also for using maple syrup instead of condensed milk how much should we use

• Gemma Stafford on July 29, 2016 at 12:48 am

Hi there,
      Equal amounts, It will freeze a little harder, but it will be good.

20. Sumayyah on July 28, 2016 at 4:08 am

Hey gemma I am halfway through your recipe but its coming out very liquid how do I solve this
    Thanks

• Gemma Stafford on July 28, 2016 at 4:26 am

Hi Sumayyah,
      It sounds like you did not freeze the raspberries. you can freeze this now for about 30 mins, then stir it, and freeze it again for another while, and stir it, this will solve it for you,

21. Emilly on July 16, 2016 at 4:04 am

Hi, i want to make raspberry sorbe but i don’t like with seeds. How to get rid of the seeds??
    I love your videos

• Gemma Stafford on July 16, 2016 at 12:08 pm

Hi Emily,
      Push the raspberries through a sieve, this way you get all the goodness of the fruit, and no seeds, that is the secret!
      Gemma :

22. Amber on June 18, 2016 at 1:06 pm

Sorry I accidentally posted my question twice….

23. Amber on June 18, 2016 at 1:02 pm

Hey Gemma!! I love your YouTube videos, they are really inspiring!! I just had a quick question- I have this frozen berry mixture it has strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. Would I be able to follow the recipe using the fruit mixture and it still taste the same? Thank you for your amazing videos and very helpful website! 🙂

• Gemma Stafford on June 19, 2016 at 3:57 am

Hi Amber,
      Yes, you will get a good result with this mix, it will be a lovely flavor. Try not to get too many of the blackberries in as they are particularly seedy, and do not have such a strong flavor,

• Amber on June 19, 2016 at 2:32 pm

Thank you so much Gemma!! I will make sure there are not as many blackberries! Again thank you for your help!
        🙂

• Gemma Stafford on June 20, 2016 at 1:09 am

Hi Amber,
          I hope you enjoy the end result,

24. Amber on June 18, 2016 at 12:47 pm

Hey Gemma! I love your videos they are really inspiring. I just had a question- I have a frozen fruit mixture, it has raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries. Would I be able to follow the recipe using this frozen fruit mixture? Thank you so much for the videos and the website
    ?

25. Elizabeth on June 17, 2016 at 2:18 pm

I use wild black raspberries in my smoothies, but even my VitaMix cannot totally disintegrate the seeds. Have you any suggestions for dealing with all those little seeds that get stuck in one’s teeth? I’d really like to try this!

• Gemma Stafford on June 18, 2016 at 1:02 am

Hi Elizabeth,
      This is a problem, I do not think there is a solution for this particular recipe. If you use a traditional recipe you can sieve the fresh fruit, then churn the sorbet through the freezing process, this of course makes a delicious sorbet too,

26. galacticRuby on June 15, 2016 at 9:37 am

I tried making this today and although the taste was great, it didn’t blend up as smooth as yours! There were chick-pea sized chunks of raspberry in there even after processing it for a long time. Which is weird, because I have made your Strawberry and Lime sorbet before and it turned out smooth and creamy. Any ideas?

• Gemma Stafford on June 15, 2016 at 1:04 pm

Ah! I am sorry that did not work so well for you. Perhaps they were too hard for your processor. Allow to thaw a little next time, just a little though,

27. Sarah on June 14, 2016 at 3:14 pm

Hi Gemma,
    Excellent videos – I have just tried the receipe to make lychee and Rosewater.
    The consistency was great but I found the taste of the condensed milk too much for my liking . Would that be because the flavours I am using are too subtle ? Or is it because I used full fat condensed milk ( couldn’t find a light version)?
    Would the receipe work if I reduce the amount of condensed milk you suggest ?
    Sarah

• Gemma Stafford on June 18, 2016 at 12:11 pm

Hi Sarah,
      I do think it was because the flavors are too subtle, really you need a strong flavor, with some acidity, to balance out the condensed milk. I do not think reducing the milk will resolve it, as it will then be more icy, perhaps add another fruit to the mix!

28. Sam on June 8, 2016 at 4:49 am

Dear Gemma,
    Oh i´m so sorry for the langueproblem.
    I actually mean the chart on the back of the packaging of condensd Milk you have bought. Its called Nutritional information. (at least in Germany)
    Thank you for the nice response.

Ps. I showed my Mum, a vegan, the recipe for dairy-free Ice Cream and she really likes it.

• Gemma Stafford on June 9, 2016 at 3:15 am

Ah! thank you for that clarification.
      Thank you also for your kind comments, and for being with us, I think your English is great!

29. Sam on June 6, 2016 at 5:39 am

Dear Gemma,
    Please excuse my Englisch, im not a native Speaker.
    I would like to ask you, if its possible, to show or tell the measurements of ingredients from the Condensed Milk? In Germany are about 15 diffrent Typs of it, I tried two and it doesn´t came out quite right. I think the ratio of Sugar and Fat in the Milk you used, is diffrent.

Greetings Sam

• Gemma Stafford on June 7, 2016 at 12:23 pm

Hi Sam,
      Do you mean the condensed milk recipe?
      2 cups (14 oz/414 ml) full fat milk or low fat milk*
      ⅔ cups (5 ⅓ oz / 150g) white sugar.
      You can double up this recipe if you like, it keeps well in the fridge. If this is not what you mean, let me know,

30. Harmonie on June 2, 2016 at 5:05 pm

Hi Gemma, I love everything you do… I have a question, I want to know if it’s possible to do grapes sorbet? I live in Taiwan and grapes here are not sweet at all (I’m French and grapes are very good like it in France) but they are really big… What kind of ingredients could I had to grapes for sorbet?
    Thanks for everything. Xox

• Gemma Stafford on June 6, 2016 at 4:07 am

Hi Harmonie,
      grapes tend to be mild in flavor, so will not taste of much in a sorbet. The skins may also be a problem, and of course the seeds! Not the best fruit to use for this. However, if you decide to try this add something like lemon zest, orange zest or passionfruit, this wil llift the flavor,

31. Marie Claire Stock on June 1, 2016 at 5:38 am

do you have the recipe for chocolate mint icecream (without using machine)?

• Gemma Stafford on June 2, 2016 at 3:06 pm

Yep, you can find that recipe in the recipe section here on my website 🙂

32. Sandy Locks on May 30, 2016 at 1:41 pm

I submitted a comment on your YouTube channel with no response, so I thought maybe I should try you here.
    Quick question: Would pineapples have too much water content for making this sorbet? Thank you

• Gemma Stafford on May 31, 2016 at 2:33 am

Hi Sandy,
      Thank you for being in touch. I am sorry i did not get to you on YouTube, I do try to get to all of the comments over all of the media, sometimes on mobile I miss them. I have made the sorbet using pineapple, it was delicious, but a little mild in flavor. I would suggest adding something like passion fruit to enhance the flavor,

33. rebecca hasson on May 17, 2016 at 4:09 pm

hi Gemma i love watching ur videos what can u use instead of a food processor because i dont have one i really would love to make the raspberry sorbet xx ?❤️love u Gemma

• Gemma Stafford on May 18, 2016 at 1:24 pm

Thanks for your question, Rebecca. I haven’t tried it, but I think a blender will work too. You’ll probably have to stop and scrape down the sides as you go. Good luck and let me know how it turns out 🙂

• rebecca on May 18, 2016 at 3:25 pm

hi gemma thank you soooo much for replying back to me it means so much to me and it would mean the whole world to me if u could give
        me a shoutout on your next video my name is rebecca hasson if u could it would mean the whole world to me and i live in ireland and how is it like living in california xx

34. Tultul on May 16, 2016 at 11:42 pm

Gemma can I use dairy free condensed milk?

• Gemma Stafford on May 17, 2016 at 9:49 am

Hi Tultul,
      Yes you can, it will be delicious,

35. Sophie on May 2, 2016 at 4:33 pm

Is sweetened condensed milk okay to use?

• Gemma Stafford on May 3, 2016 at 11:13 am

Hi Sophie,
      Yes, this is used to sweeten the sorbet,

36. anne on April 25, 2016 at 10:15 am

Hi Gemma I Just tried the strawberry it was awesome! I have friends on wt. watchers and I see you include points, are the listed points per serving or for the batch Thanks YOU

• Gemma Stafford on April 25, 2016 at 10:01 pm

Great question Anne. It is per serving. For the Sorbet I think the tub has 4 serving. 🙂

37. Dawn on April 25, 2016 at 8:21 am

Hi Gemma,
    Can I make your sorbet in a nutribullet? I’m not sure if my food processor is strong enough. I can’t wait to try it out!

• Gemma Stafford on April 25, 2016 at 10:02 pm

Nutribullet will work great Dawn.

38. MARIA on April 24, 2016 at 11:29 pm

PS do you have a recipe of lemon or orange sorbet, frozen in its skin? .

• Gemma Stafford on April 25, 2016 at 3:07 am

Hi Maria,
      You can do this! you need to scrape out the flesh, then separate the connective tissue and pith, and freeze the fruits in a layer on a plate.
      As these fruits are high in water content they will freeze harder than other fruits, banana being the creamiest. Then add it back to the skin, and return to the freezer. Give it a try, it is worth the experiment,

39. MARIA on April 24, 2016 at 10:58 pm

Hi Gemma!
    thanks for sharing sorbet reciped. I cant find fat free condensed milk. Is your recipe using for the fat content, or sugar vontent? I have no problem using full fat x

• Gemma Stafford on April 25, 2016 at 3:13 am

Hi Maria,
      Both, the balance is important. The condensed milk I use usually has a fat content, though you can buy it in all sorts of ways now, sugar-free, fat free etc. Check this out online. you can also make your own as per my recipe here,

40. Tarisha on April 24, 2016 at 8:05 am

Hi, Gemma!
    I loved all your sorbets ideas, but I had only raspberry at hand, so I made this particular one.
    It came out lovely, though not as smooth as yours, because my blender isn’t very powerful. Still the result was awesome, I love sorbets, but I don’t like the amount of bad ingredients the store-bought ones usually have. So now I’m sticking to these recipes instead! I’ve never thought of using condensed milk in this way. Thank you again for the idea!!
    BTW, we ate it right of blender without additional freezing, because it came out thick and cold.

• Gemma Stafford on April 24, 2016 at 10:33 am

Hi Tarisha,
      Ha ha! yes, you can eat it right away when the fruits are frozen, good idea for an instant treat,

41. neha on April 21, 2016 at 3:42 pm

Hi gemma,
    Wanna ask u if i can make watermelon sorbet freezing it b4 use.plz let me know.n yes by d way i love all ur recipes day r very easy 2 follow.

• Gemma Stafford on April 22, 2016 at 12:38 pm

Hi Neha,
      Thank you for your kind words. Watermelon is full of water as you will know, and therefore it will freeze harder than other fruits. The lower the water content the softer the scoop. So, you can try this, see if it is to your taste, you may need to allow it to stand at room temperature for some time to make it easy to serve,

42. Victoria on April 21, 2016 at 10:31 am

Hi Gemma, this recipe was amazing! Thank you so much! I love your videos so much. Can’t wait till your next video!?

• Gemma Stafford on April 21, 2016 at 2:08 pm

Thank you Victoria! I’m really glad you like them 🙂

Happy Baking!

43. Roxann Regenstreif on April 20, 2016 at 9:16 pm

Instead of white sugar can I use a sugar substitute like Trim Healthy Mama uses? (Xylitol, Stevia and Erythritol) I would love to be able to use this. I have food sensitivies and can only have coconut milk right now.

• Gemma Stafford on April 20, 2016 at 10:27 pm

You could try and make your condensed milk on those sugars and see how it works. You can also replace the condensed milk with maple syrup. It does freeze harder but it makes a lovely sorbet.

Good Luck 🙂

• emma on March 21, 2017 at 3:45 am

Would substituting maple syrup be in equal quantities to the condensed milk?

• Gemma Stafford on March 21, 2017 at 8:07 am

Hi Emma,
          No! That would be too much, you really need to do this to taste,

44. Nisha on April 20, 2016 at 8:25 pm

Hi Gemma,
    Can you suggest me what I can use instead of condensed milk to make sorbet for my parents who has diabetic disease? Thanks!

• Gemma Stafford on April 20, 2016 at 9:41 pm

you can also try using maple syrup. Not sure if that will help. Just so you know it will freeze harder but just leave it out on the counter for 5 minutes 🙂

45. Catherine King on April 20, 2016 at 9:00 am

Quick question — do you cover the sorbet before you put it in the freezer?

• Gemma Stafford on April 20, 2016 at 9:52 pm

Hi Catherine,

Yes please do. I link to the tubs above the recipe come with lids. I don’t cover them in the video because I need to keep the top pretty for my photos. 🙂

46. Aya on April 17, 2016 at 12:31 pm

This was great!! I love watching your videos:)

• Gemma Stafford on April 18, 2016 at 3:37 am

Hi Aya,
      Thank you for your kind comments, I do hope you are trying these recipes too!

47. Mandy on April 16, 2016 at 6:15 pm

Hi Gemma, this is such a great idea. But how about orange/ lemon sorbet? Should I juice it before making? Thanks!

• Gemma Stafford on April 17, 2016 at 7:40 am

Hi Mandy,
      If you use oranges or lemons you will be adding a lot of fluid, so the result will be a little icier, if you know what I mean. The less juicy fruits freeze in a creamier way,

48. Lara on April 16, 2016 at 10:46 am

I think this is a great new easy way of making sorbet I love it .so intreaged maybe make the week shorter ??

• Gemma Stafford on April 16, 2016 at 11:23 am

Hi Lara,
      Yes, it is great, I hope you enjoy making it 🙂
      Gemma

49. Tippy on April 16, 2016 at 5:02 am

Is fat-free condensed milk a requirement? Can the full or low fat versions be used as well?

• Gemma Stafford on April 16, 2016 at 11:36 am

Hi Tippy,
      you can use whichever version you like for these recipes,

50. Janice on April 14, 2016 at 10:01 pm

Hi Gemma! Is it ok to use frozen strawberries instead of raspberries? Thanks!

• Gemma Stafford on April 16, 2016 at 1:14 pm

Hi Janice,
      yes you can, any soft fruit will work for you,

• Desiree on July 10, 2016 at 3:47 pm

Hi there, can I use frozen fruit and veggies to make sorbet??

• Gemma Stafford on July 11, 2016 at 2:36 am

Hi Desiree,
        Yes, you must use them frozen in order to make this no machine method,

• Lindsey on November 7, 2016 at 10:35 am

Hi Jejna can I use deep fried broccoli instead of orange juice??

• Gemma Stafford on November 8, 2016 at 3:00 am